Skyrim Special Edition Nexus Mod Manager support

SirSalami

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43632285. #43645080 is also a reply to the same post.

fgambler wrote: I'm just wondering, will the current version of NMM be compatible with the new NMM that's being developed? If not I'll just wait for the new mod manager.
fgambler wrote: Still waiting for reply. I'm worried about start modding using NMM and then not being able to transfer the mods installed to the new "NMO".

there may be a conversion process avaible, but given the amount of code that DESPERATELY needs re-done, it might will be impossible to do cleanly.

Hopefully, once it's done, you won't have to deal with it again.

(though I've had to completely reinstall so many times It's like I've become numb to it. it's a meta-game to see how fast I can get it working at this stage)

In response to post #43660555.

jourdanroedel wrote: Woah these ads are getting utterly intrusive. cant even click off page without being redirected to an ad page... so i guess the entire side margins are the ad now? Not trying to complain too much just stating what i think is a valid complaint with very low expectations that itll even be read. World is ran off ads so i suppose i should be used to it..

well, they do pay for most fo the site.

This being said, I paid the $2.00 or whatever it was go go ad-free. I figured as much as I re-download mods by accident, I owe the Nexus team that much at minimum.

In response to post #43653440.

Matso wrote: Guys,
Are there any texture replacers coming for the SSE? The new shadres are cool but textures... Well it is simple a requirement to change them :D

Cheers,
MK

I'd imagine they are eventually. textures seem to be handled in a similar way.

In response to post #43660555. #43662760 is also a reply to the same post.

jourdanroedel wrote: Woah these ads are getting utterly intrusive. cant even click off page without being redirected to an ad page... so i guess the entire side margins are the ad now? Not trying to complain too much just stating what i think is a valid complaint with very low expectations that itll even be read. World is ran off ads so i suppose i should be used to it..
DFX2K9 wrote: well, they do pay for most fo the site.

This being said, I paid the $2.00 or whatever it was go go ad-free. I figured as much as I re-download mods by accident, I owe the Nexus team that much at minimum.

Go premium! I subscribe. No ads, subs to support the site. It's honestly not that much when you consider the huge value Nexus brings.

I'm unable to configure SSEEdit in the tools. I'm following gophers video and I was able to add WryBash but nothing happens after locating the proper SSEEdit file location in SE. I do have the new version of NMM. Any one else have this problem? Edited by carrrpenter

In response to post #43651925. #43659885 is also a reply to the same post.

BlueGunk wrote: Weird bug to flash up: I used ShowRaceMenu in game, made a couple of changes to my character, and had to re-enter the name. Tried again, re-enter the name. Then on saving, all my previous SSE saves have vanished from the in-game list, and the save count reset to 001. However, the SSE saves are safely in the normal folders.

Is this an SSE bug, or an NMM one?
lasse1001 wrote: Nope, not any bug, it actually is a feature of SSE. :P It only displays those saves that have the same player name but, you can click on Y (if you're using a controller, don't know the keyboard key) to enable the view of all your different character saves :)

Thanks for that! Though I'm still concerned my use of Showracemenu appeared to restart the game numbering under the profile I am using.

In response to post #43650315. #43651725, #43651835, #43652875, #43653170, #43653340, #43653395, #43658430, #43660385 are all replies on the same post.

Serbking wrote: Hey Guys Im about to buy the Skyrim Special Edition. Can I start modding it as soon as i get it?

Like my nexus mod manager will recognize it? I heard from a friend it didnt recognize his.

Thank you in advance for your help.
kilted00785 wrote: it does not
BlueGunk wrote: You simply need to download the latest Nexus Mod Manager from the link above. Works pretty well with SSE.
Serbking wrote: Thank you guys
RmXpl wrote: I think its better wait till SKSE(64bit) will come out
seba1337 wrote: Even if you can't mod it for a few weeks, Skyrim is worth it. Give it a little time until skse, enb and mods start pouring and you'll see wonders.
RmXpl wrote: Yeah, I hope 1 month later the top mods will be ready.
ChiefLOL4569 wrote: Technically it will be called SKSESE in theory (Skyrim Special Edition Script Extender) Just trying to stop the possible confusion :/
lasse1001 wrote: Yes, SSE is not the same thing as SKSE (SE) :woot:

I can't wait for SKSE SE! I'm too busy wrecking my new game... lol

Just something I'd like to share for new and returning Nexus users regarding SSE and its future:

We, the community, need to be very patient and respectful as modders navigate this exciting but turbulent time brought on by SSE. There are many hurtles that modders will need to jump, some more than others, to bring their original Skyrim content to SSE, as well as some things many of them need to wait for (e.g. SKSE to be rewritten for SSE, etc). We need to be respectful and appreciative of their efforts and time, not only because of what they do for us, but also because if we are not then some of them, understandably so, may leave the SSE modding scene (as some of them left the original Skyrim scene). If that begins to happen then there is, in my opinion, no chance that SSE will surpass original Skyrim (even despite 64-bit, Dx11, etc).

Spread that message/sentiment far and wide around the community because it is a very real possibility that SSE could splinter this community more than it will breathe new life into it; the deciding factor is, in my opinion, ultimately how we, the community, treat the modders that have gone to such lengths to make Skyrim what is today!

THANK YOU to all modders, you guys and gals are amazing people!

ALSO, huuuuuge thanks to the entire Nexus Mods and Mod Manager team for everything they do. This community and game certainly wouldn't be what it is without you guys too!

Edited by ThyHarrowing

In response to post #43654460. #43654600 is also a reply to the same post.

SerVamp wrote: Can someone say, why I cant download mods?
The mods are in the download list, but it doesent do anything.
I get a error every time.
ASTRO99 wrote: same here. download QQs but doesnt start. Probably their servers are not handling the extra load well since literarily every1 is redownloading all the mods again.

Yep same for me. Too many of us clogging the servers up, I guess!