"Accidently" killed a brotherhood of steel outcast, now they

hbzliln1ck

:wallbash: when i was trying to get into fort independence, i "accidently" killed an outcast, its been many game days and they still attack me , i heard after a few days they stop. anyway to help me?

and i have the 360 version

Once you anger the Outcasts they will always attack you (there's always three waiting to ambush me outside the Scrapyard when I fast travel there, unluckily for them two Death Claws always spawn there too, so they are usually getting torn apart when I get there).

I have the PC version and they still do the same thing no matter how long I wait. I've not heard of this "they stop attacking you after a while" saying before, and I wouldn't trust it 'less they have proof to support it. In truth, I don't really think it matters which system you have it on or how long you wait... They're probably going to continue to attack you till you finish the game. Best thing to do is learn where they appear (they're found near Vault 101, often in the northwest portion of the map, and around Fort Independence), and learn to avoid these areas unless necessary.

I have the PC version and they still do the same thing no matter how long I wait. I've not heard of this "they stop attacking you after a while" saying before, and I wouldn't trust it 'less they have proof to support it. In truth, I don't really think it matters which system you have it on or how long you wait... They're probably going to continue to attack you till you finish the game. Best thing to do is learn where they appear (they're found near Vault 101, often in the northwest portion of the map, and around Fort Independence), and learn to avoid these areas unless necessary.

yeh i heard on the Geck wiki something about actor behavior

after every 3 days they stop attacking if you killed one in a community

il post the link if i find it later

anyway i was wondering if this will affect operation anchorage because doesnt it have to do with the outcasts like you have to talk to them and sorry if im mixed up, i only saw videos of it never played the actual dlc...

yeh i heard on the Geck wiki something about actor behavior

after every 3 days they stop attacking if you killed one in a community

il post the link if i find it later

That only works for minor crimes (pick pocketing, attacking someone but not killed them etc). The Outcasts go straight to eternally hateful if you offend any of their guys at Fort Independance though (you can kill their guys on patrol with no issues though).

anyway i was wondering if this will affect operation anchorage because doesnt it have to do with the outcasts like you have to talk to them and sorry if im mixed up, i only saw videos of it never played the actual dlc...

It won't affect Operation Anchorage the Outcasts related to that quest always start friendly (unless you clip them when helping them fight the Super Mutants), in fact you can even kill all the Outcasts in it and still do all the quests (I used the line "I killed all your buddies at Fort Independance and now it's your turn").

I assume this only works for minor crimes, but sometimes a faction will be homicidal towards me for seemingly no reason (I probably did do something to deserve it though.) but if I holster my weapon they seem to forgive and forget. Worth a try if you haven't already done so. On PC you just hold down your 'reload' key to holster.

Other than that you'd likely have to either reload to a previous save, or mod the game to stop the violence.

Archived