[LE] Player home NPC cook

Hi everyone...I have searched the internet high and low for a tutorial on how to make a Cook NPC to place in my player home. I can create a NPC and drop it into place where I want it but I want a cook in particular. Lakeview manor has a cook for hire once you build it and that is basically the NPC I want to create that I can put anywhere. You would think that someone...somewhere would have a tutorial on building a cook but for the life of me I can't find one. Anyone on here know how to create a cook NPC of know of a tutorial I could use? Much appreciated help....I am banging my head against the wall LOL

A cook is nothing more than a simple npc, except if you want the npc to sell food.

- In the npc's sandbox or work package you can assign a specific furniture that the actor will use.

Or in the sandbox package assign a specific marker (place an xMarker where you want the actor to be) and then assign a radius, now go to the 'Cooking Pot' and chair or any other furniture or furniture marker you want the actor to use and, double click the object and go to the "Ownership" tab and from the "NPC" drop down menu find your cook, by doing this the Furniture will be used only by your cook actor.

- If you want him to sell food then make him a merchant, there are plenty of tutorials out there on the subject, after you have created your merchant you just do all the thing i previously mentioned and you have your cook.

Have a happy modding.

A cook is nothing more than a simple npc, except if you want the npc to sell food.
- In the npc's sandbox or work package you can assign a specific furniture that the actor will use.
Or in the sandbox package assign a specific marker (place an xMarker where you want the actor to be) and then assign a radius, now go to the 'Cooking Pot' and chair or any other furniture or furniture marker you want the actor to use and, double click the object and go to the "Ownership" tab and from the "NPC" drop down menu find your cook, by doing this the Furniture will be used only by your cook actor.
- If you want him to sell food then make him a merchant, there are plenty of tutorials out there on the subject, after you have created your merchant you just do all the thing i previously mentioned and you have your cook.
Have a happy modding.

Thanks for the reply max....so basically to have the "cook" just wandering around the house and cooking it is done with sandboxing basically? No special scripts or anything....like I said in the first post....I just want a person to hang around in the house and kitchen and cook so the house isn't just "dead" just some person doing something. Cooking preferably.

Everything is controlled by the AI package and the ownership of the furnitures, ownership is necessary because if you have a big radius on your ai package your cook could easily go and use an 'Alchemy Furniture' or an 'Anvil' if there is one near by that doesn't have ownership.

Ownership restricts the actor to use specific furnitures during his working package, schedule, radius... etc.

There is a mod called FC Kagrenac's Instant Fortress or SSE version that I've always liked. The mod itself I found to be buggy. (later realized the mistake made that was hurting the saves). Anyways, the mod itself had some pretty interesting ways of going about mod making. It has a very unique script set and creation kit set up when it comes to added NPCs to the home. Everything works off your follower you assign to whatever NPC task. You can have guards, a guest, a cook and a few other tasks. Always admired that set up. They even have their own beds, paths and things they do depending on their role. Simplistic with a huge impact. From the kit you can see in detail how it was all done. The whole thing is a work of art including the NPC set up. No menus like you would think It's intergraded well. But this is a bit on the all pro way to do it in my opinion. The added packages work well too for a quick cook or merchant if that's all you're looking for. Good luck!

Edited by NexusComa2

There is a mod called FC Kagrenac's Instant Fortress or SSE version that I've always liked. The mod itself I found to be buggy. (later realized the mistake made that was hurting the saves). Anyways, the mod itself had some pretty interesting ways of going about mod making. It has a very unique script set and creation kit set up when it comes to added NPCs to the home. Everything works off your follower you assign to whatever NPC task. You can have guards, a guest, a cook and a few other tasks. Always admired that set up. They even have their own beds, paths and things they do depending on their role. Simplistic with a huge impact. From the kit you can see in detail how it was all done. The whole thing is a work of art including the NPC set up. No menus like you would think It's intergraded well. But this is a bit on the all pro way to do it in my opinion. The added packages work well too for a quick cook or merchant if that's all you're looking for. Good luck!

Cool...nice to know. Thanks for the tip. I just think if you have a cool player home there should be people in it doing things. There are some really cool player home mods out there as well but no one in the home. Blackthorn is a really cool mod but you have only a "steward" that lives in the home that you can basically buy stuff from....that's it. I really like the system that Lakeview manor has where you make a person a stewart and then they will hire a cook, house keeper, guards, all the things the house needs. Would like to pick that apart and see how it works too. New to modding so a lot to learn but that is how i learn best...either watching someone else do it or just picking it apart. I find it hard to read a manual and do it.

Cool, I've seen Blackthorn and the system you're talking about with Lakeview sounds simmer to the one in the Fortress. It's really a small amount of editing. But, you need to know right where to do it. After that it's a few paths and animation marker set in places. Runs on a patrol set up like a guard. I like the fact you can use a follower too. You can scripts out most anything for them to do during their day. I feel the same about an empty home. But then again I hate it when Mods have NPC. This is kind of the best of both worlds for that to me.