I can't see my esp file!

AxeVII

Im running windows 7 64-bit os and morrowind GOTY.

i made a small mod in morrowind, basic shack. i can save my mod and open again in the CS but i cant see the created .esp file.

i know where it is supposed to be, its just not there. i even tried saving to my desktop, but i still cant see the file. i have hidden files and folders visible, still nothing.

/ C: / Program Files (x86) / Bethesda Softworks / Morrowind / Data Files /

is'nt it supposed to be in a "plugins" folder? i don't see any .esp files in here, but i can see the .esm and .bsa files.

please help. i would really like to know why this is happening. my guess is something lame with windows 7... :(

I remember having this happen to me back in the Morrowind days, but I can't remember how I found it.
It's late, so maybe it will come to me when I'm not so tired. If I do remember I will get on here right away and tell you! :smile:

Edited by K00L

i know i've seen this same issue before from searching google, but with no apparent answer.

i tried it on my girlfriend's new laptop, but i got the same problem. .esp files dont seem to like windows 7

its probably something simple, i dunno...

i read somewhere on a microsoft forum someone was also having trouble seeing their .esp files. someone mentioned running the CS as an administrator once fixed it. i tried this and it really scared me because all i could see under data files in the CS was just the .esm files! i closed out thinking all my hard work in .esp files were gone for good. ran CS again normally and i can load and save my .esp files again no problem... just. I still can't see them in windows explorer.

I would very much so like to copy my .esp file to another computer.

I don't understand what i'm doing wrong here :(

like one day back into morrowind modding and this is what i get.

im so frustrated with this.

how come this stuff didn't happen when i was younger?

actually, sorry about all that other stuff.

i just found the solution to my problem.

i was crawling through another forum when someone mentioned this concerning lost .esp files for oblivion

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

By Azura, thats it! found all my "missing" .esp files

so just in case this is happening to anyone else, check there, because windows is dumb like that.

• 2 months later...