Not to sound stupid buuutt

Jedda678

Hello I just recently started modding and I have a question that I have not seen answered anywhere or explained in any tutorial.

I am trying to make a spell sword companion, while I set the class as a CombatSpellSword and given him spells, in combat he refuses to use them and opts for a 1-handed sword and bare hand for the other or bow and arrows.

Do I need to do something with scripting or is it just a matter of tweaking his behavior in combat some other way? Any help would be appreciated and thank you

Ok I don't know exactly what to change the combat style or anything in the AI package to. I've tried assigning the spell cast to the left hand but it doesn't seem to work he keeps running in with his sword drawn and nothing in his left hand. If there is a detailed tutorial on making a spell sword that might help me a bit more.

Did you change combat style?

Make sure you've given it proper spells. Usually its recommended to give spells that are "Assigned" to hand. (eg. fireballLEFTHAND, etc)

I have done that, he has LightningBoltLeftHand for example among others I've listed should the situation arrise like healing spells. I know his sword deals a good bit of damage 109 but even so he can dual-wield magic and a sword I don't see why he isn't.