Open Community  ·  29 members

Valheim

Attack/getting attacked, bug

M1kkelangelo2

Hi

Ive recently modded Valheim with a lot of different mods at once. Now, while playing, sometimes enemies cant attack me and i cant attack them. We´re just punching holes in the air. It seems area-dependent, because if I lure the enemies some distance away, i can suddenly attack them again and they can attack me again.

I never experienced this in Valheim vanilla. I cant figure out what mod causes this, but as i wrote it seems to randomly appear in a radius somwhere on the map. Sometimes when i quit and login again, the bug dissapears, sometimes not.

Anyone else experinced this, and workaround?. Thx in advance.

Yup, me too. Been removing mods one by one but nothing has changed so far. Noticed though that if you go through a portal, and return, the enemies can be attacked. Will let you know if I figure out which mod is doing it

Update: Getting rid of TreeRespawn by Aedenthorn seems to have done something, but it could just be a coincidence. Will update again if it happens. Do you have this mod installed as well?

Edited by Aldorith

Hi Aldorith
Thx for the reply - nice im not the only one with this bug. When i was in Black forest and swamps, it seemed to reset the bug when i entered and then exited a cave/crypt. Dont remember if hat worked every time though. In the Mountains or Plains, its not possible to test this area-change, which is driving me nuts. The bug persists.
Ive tried with the portal-fix as well, like you suggested, but it doesnt always work.

At once time i thought it might have to do with the workbench radius, but im pretty sure bug happens out in the open too.

I dont have TreeRespawn mod on - Here a list of my mods.

Craft from containers

Equipment and quick slots

Better UI

Simple recycling

Planting Plus

Extended Item data framework

Epic Loot

SpawnThat

HookGenPatcher

JotunnLip

Barbarians Armor

RRR Core 0,2,5

RRR Spawn Variety 0,2,0

RRR Monsters 0,2,1

RRRBetterRaids 0,2,0

Forsaken

Terraheim

CarryWieghtSkill

Jotunn The Valheim Library

More Two Handers

denikson-BepInExPack_Valheim-5.4.1001.zip

Cheers.

There had been a bug in one mod that caused this. I think it was the Plant Everything, but also think that was fixed over a month ago. You might want to check that if you have that mod that it is updated.

BTW, Plant Everything is a replacement mod for Planting Plus. You should remove the Planting Plus mod and install the Plant Everything instead.

The Planting Plus mod is the one with this bug you are seeing.

Right there in the posts for Planting Plus is this:

"Advize rewrote this mod, fixing some of the long standing bugs with it (including the broken hitboxes). This rewritten version is named "Plant Everything" and can be found here: https://www.nexusmods.com/valheim/mods/1042

Highly recommend switching as Planting Plus has a bug which breaks hitboxes randomly, requiring restarting Valheim to fix. This bug prevents you from hitting any creatures or fallen trees."

Edited by billwerth2

Hi Billwerth

Thx for the reply. I'll update it as you recommend.

On another note, I'm having trouble with the Terraheim mod all of a sudden. While I do think the massive additions of weapons are a bit too much, I do like that scaling of armor, where u can reforge to get middle tier between the normal armors.

But all of a sudden, I log in and the nodded armor tyos in the forge, are all gone. And only vanilla armor can be crafted.

Ever heard of this bug before? I tried reinstalling various mods and read in about terraheim in that section. Also posted a bug in there, but the modder hasn't replied.

Thx for any help you might be able to send my way.

Cheers

Hi Billwerth

Thx for the reply. I'll update it as you recommend.

On another note, I'm having trouble with the Terraheim mod all of a sudden. While I do think the massive additions of weapons are a bit too much, I do like that scaling of armor, where u can reforge to get middle tier between the normal armors.

But all of a sudden, I log in and the nodded armor tyos in the forge, are all gone. And only vanilla armor can be crafted.

Ever heard of this bug before? I tried reinstalling various mods and read in about terraheim in that section. Also posted a bug in there, but the modder hasn't replied.

Thx for any help you might be able to send my way.

Cheers

Sorry no. I've never heard of that mod. Have you tried posting a message on the page for that mod? In this case, you know the mod that has the problem, so that is probably the best way to get some help.

• 2 weeks later...

This has been happening when my wife and I play. We have yet to figure out what mod or how it triggers but occasionally we cannot hit anything directly, or be hit. However, we did figure out we can 'fix' this when it happens without needing to restart the game by simply using an AOE weapon such as a hammer, to kill something - anything.

Another thing that is similar is being unable to open a door, the option is just not presented when looking at it. It works when looking at the door frame, just not the door. We found that we can 'fix' this bug by just using a portal.