Raising Your Kids Family Interaction Overhaul

Markala

Oh, and this project needs a name. Family Interaction Overhaul would make a good one, from the thread title.

Sophisticated Family AI?

Btw,I know this would be hard to create due to realism and game time but not just adopting children.

Children would have 40% chance of Dovakhins hair colour,40% Spouses,or 20% new hair colour

Race would be 50/50

Unique personality (randomised,we don't want this to be the sims)

Stats of parents combined and halved if both under level 20 quartered at 40 (Or in anyway you see fit

Personality filters:

Damage (Unspecific)>20 and tolerance<30 (Out of 100) =Aggressive

Can be changed by actions with parent

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now,alas,for the hard part we either sacrifice realism or patience

Chat option with spouse and screen fades out,Mass Effect style

Random chance when sleeping with spouse

There is another thread for hearthfire in which someone suggested this idea,though it takes 3 years for the child to be normal age

Additionally,I think we should exclude the adult stage to keep realism

Making racially accurate biological kids would really add to the realism, but I think its beyond our scripting powers. Even if we managed to somehow get this feature working smoothly, I don't think the CK supports changing kid's races and features. Of course, we could see how other modders managed it, and independently replicate the effect, but I think its best to work with what we know. Now, personalities shouldn't be randomized; I think its best to take an assessment of the Vanilla personalities of Honorhall orphans, and expand on that. That would keep them from feeling too "alien", or obviously modded, as well as preserve their uniqueness. I plan on writing a rich backstory for each orphan. Runa Fair-Shield would probably bully other siblings, and remain defiant and adamant against rules and restrictions. Samuel would likely have hopes that his real parents would come take him back, or at least see how hes doing. Extrapolating from their basic Vanilla personalities, with a few creative liberties is how I'm revoicing the College mages for Vortex of Time. Of course, biological kids would make this impossible.

Maybe the Player could be given a choice between adoption, and biological children. I see the pros and cons for both sides, but scripting is not my forte. I'm a writer at heart, so I like to create interesting and unique dialogue. Maybe you could handle the biological children, and I'll take care of the adopted ones. We can both work on the spouses.

Maybe the Player could be given a choice between adoption, and biological children. I see the pros and cons for both sides, but scripting is not my forte. I'm a writer at heart, so I like to create interesting and unique dialogue. Maybe you could handle the biological children, and I'll take care of the adopted ones. We can both work on the spouses.

The problem is,I know the basis of scripting,but not full on scripts,at best I can only give ideas and bug fixes.

However,since this can't just be a one-man project,I'll find someone working on that type of mod

Here's an idea for a family dinner conversation

Son (Adventurous):I climbed up the hill and threw a rock at a troll,he didn't even see me coming

Dovakhin:

*Good on you,son (raises danger)

*You should be carful,no one is too lucky (persuasion,which affects freedom)

If their freedom goes too low,their danger goes up quite high

If their danger escalates,there is a chance they might get in danger and a quest will start

Your spouse might comment on your decision

By the way,Lydia's voice actor is Colleen Delany,so if anyone is working on the voice acting,she might be useful for a few lines since Lydia is one of the most,if not most,married NPC

I was referred to this thread from another I'm part of. Wow, sounds like some of you guys really should learn to mod. These are really great, well-thought-out ideas, but half the things I read on these pages just might not be possible given the current engine we have to work with, unless a super-creative scripter got on board. Maybe one has, I didn't read every single post. I actually might... MIGHT be interested in getting involved with this myself. I'm a very good writer, and a voice actress, however I wouldn't be a regular contributer since my own mods and voicework take precedence. Is there actually a working version yet, or is it all still discussion? Oh and Mlee, nice to see you here!

Hi Anduniel! Nice to see you too! Seeking Knowledge is more complicated than I thought, but I'm still learning. Those aliases are getting on my nerves! I've been trying to get the random undead boss Faralda asks you to kill into the game, but radiant content is pretty tricky, as of yet. Maybe I'll have to settle for making a particular undead boss, and add him in a predetermined Nordic ruin. As for this project, I thought its a great idea, and I'll maybe take this on as a side project. Vortex of Time takes precedence, of course.

• 4 weeks later...

All right, just wanted to let you guys know I'll be taking this on as a side project while I wait for results from my Level Designer. Should be relatively simple, and cater to all my skills: Writing, and intermediate Quest Design, with a bit of scripting.

Goals: Ability to adopt/ assign sandbox packages for Vanilla homes without Hearthfires

Making children basic "followers" to allow them to move to modded homes

Interesting spouses of each race and gender with unique backstories, and quests to win their favor

Increased family interactions/ scenes between spouses and children, with the ability to intervene

Increased family-related dialogue

Maybe some random chance of a drama/ divorce?

To do this, the only Vanilla assets I need to change are the kids at Honorhall Orphanage (revoice them), as well as Constance Michelle (revoice her too). Ironically, this won't be compatable with Hearthfires. Maybe I'll even mod in a new house or two, to practice my Level Design/ City Building skills. I'll need them for the next stages in Vortex of Time. I'll start writing out the dialogue shortly.

Edited by mlee3141

• 1 month later...

I think the mod if any would be best if kept basic as a foundation and than updated on. I'd imagine the child faction flag would have to be touched.

Some new mods that seem to have systems that one could learn from or would be great to ask the authors help are as follows

A) Followers go on a trip http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52235/?

B) mixed unit tactics dawnguard edition. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57589/?

C) Vilja http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26393/?

I mention the above because they seem to ad to the AI of the NPCs to do more random things including travel.

1. Some ideas that seem nice are courier delivers miss you type letters

2.Kids actually comment on your gear the words seem to be in the game since mage robes gets kids attention until you adopt them. Also guards do this.

3. kids actually interact with their pets - an idea is maybe make the ai think its another kid roaming like they do in cities and all kids play tag, so i'm thinking fool the ai into thinking the pet is a child. Frodar from Riverwood seem to have a unique pet interaction scrip.

4. kids argue more, this is normally an event as you walk in to seem more real maybe it can be adjusted to happen more often and not only by the door

5. kids actually notice the wife other than just another NPC Vilja mod seems to interact with them but how about if say you married Lydia being she is vanilla follower part of the family package she actually goes out and simulates shopping sort of like this new mod followers go on a trip. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52235/? but a random kid is attached to the wife and follows her to the market.

6. Food consumption at the home by all at home linked with gold you provide to the wife, food can be added by you and gold is required so the wife or husband shops lets face it you as the "hero" should provide or this could be optional. In New Vegas ( other Bathesda game similar in many ways) the companions eat food you leave at the home including grabbing food on display even the animation is in place as you can watch them grab the food off of the table and begin to eat or drink.

7. Realistic but optional higher kidnap chance lol it is Skyrim and come on you are dragon born you want to rescue people you care for.

8.other optional thing random welcome home surprises like kids and spouse near the door saying welcome back ( would be amazing if tied to the Skyrim Holidays mod including the Birthday feature).