Changing Poison Item Value in xEdit

Larshadowalker

I have a simple question. I am trying to make some tweaks on vanilla premade poisons to make them more viable in-game but changing the item value doesnt affect the in-game item value. I use xEdit for these tweaks.

For example, If I change the magnitude or duration of deadly frenzy poison, then items value increases. If I change the item value, nothing changes in-game. What am I missing ?

Edited by Larshadowalker

Poisons and potions have their value determined by the type of effects, number of effects and strength of effects.

According to the UESP wiki this is how potions and poisons calculate their in-game value:

Gold_cost = floor( Base_Cost * (Magnitude^1.1) * ((Duration/10)^1.1) )

If Magnitude and / or Duration has a value of 0, 1 will be used instead.

The base cost of each effect can be seen here (https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Alchemy_Effects)

If you load up the Creation Kit and look at the poisons, you will see that the auto-calculate flag is checked. This means that the CK / game will automatically calculate the potion / poison value based upon the effects applied to said potion / poison.

Weak Poison is shown to have a value of 58.

Damage Health effect has a base cost of 3 and is given a magnitude of 15 when assigned to Weak Poison.

The equation:

58 = floor (3 * (15^1.1)) * 1

58 = floor (3 * ( 19.665291345596248878068346105792 )) * 1

58 = floor (58.995874036788746634205038317376) * 1

58 = floor 58.995874036788746634205038317376

58 = 58

All that to say, the field you are changing will be overridden in the game unless you uncheck the auto-calculate flag. In xEdit, locate the Flags (sorted) entry under ENIT - Effect Data and edit it. There is a "No Auto-Calc" box, check it in order to manually set the item costs without affecting the effects magnitude or duration.

IsharaMeradin thank you so much your explanation was so clear and beneficial to me. I tried to determine item values by formula but it was not fit to what I want, so I disabled the auto calculation. Someday If I can made these tweaks more detailed, then I may release it as a simple mod. Nice forums to you friend.