Need a child fix mod

Damaster

Right now I have been playing as a female child character in fallout 3. While I was playing I noticed that almost all the hats & glasses are either invisible or glitched. (By glitched I mean the hats go through my characters head.) (The recon helmet actually looks cool glitched actually.) Only a few of the hats (Or headgear) didn't glitch up.(Power armor helmets & other complete head covering headgear)

Also, When I put on various pieces of clothing (like the pre-war outfits) My character will magically grow breasts. :blink:

It would be nice if someone could create a mod to fix all these glitches and edit the default female models.

For the clothes it's probably just a size issue with the clothing and my character.

So what do you guys think? Would making a mod for this be worth the trouble? :confused:

Right now I have been playing as a female child character in fallout 3. While I was playing I noticed that almost all the hats & glasses are either invisible or glitched. (By glitched I mean the hats go through my characters head.) (The recon helmet actually looks cool glitched actually.) Only a few of the hats (Or headgear) didn't glitch up.(Power armor helmets & other complete head covering headgear)

Also, When I put on various pieces of clothing (like the pre-war outfits) My character will magically grow breasts. :blink:

It would be nice if someone could create a mod to fix all these glitches and edit the default female models.

For the clothes it's probably just a size issue with the clothing and my character.

So what do you guys think? Would making a mod for this be worth the trouble? :confused:

I think it'd require quite a bit of mesh editing if every single outfit had to get its breasts removed, and then the other females of the wasteland probably would not have theirs. I think the issue with the helmet and glasses is due to the items not being able to conform properly to the head, as I think there doesn't exist a "child" conformity file for them (ie. your character just get the default mesh size slapped onto her head rather than one that fits the head mesh size).

Not saying it's impossible, just saying it involves a good deal of work. ;)

I use child characters as well.

Baelkin is correct tho, I don't even know if Fallout3 could differentiate an adult from a child (assuming the offending clothing had a file to reconform (child-based .egms for head) & modified nifs for clothing.

I use child characters as well.

Baelkin is correct tho, I don't even know if Fallout3 could differentiate an adult from a child (assuming the offending clothing had a file to reconform (child-based .egms for head) & modified nifs for clothing.

I'm pretty sure the clothing doesn't conform at all, and that it is only possible to do with hair and hat items. I think I read somewhere when I was working on my mask, that only items occupying those slots would be affected by a conform file.

As for the clothing, I know that if I give an adult character a child outfit like McReady's uniform, it'll have the same proportions as on a child just much bigger. You could however make separate items that in size and shape would fit a child body's proportions, and use the normal adult meshes as base. Then you could make the items available at a special store which sold child clothing, or edit the loot lists such that all clothing and armour dropped would be the child versions rather than the adult version. It should be possible to give an adult enemy two sets of the same outfit, one in adult and one in childsize, and only have him drop the childsized item. Of course if you tried to have an adult follower wear the child sized outfit, it would look, well, childsized on them. :)

Archived