Tamriel as Parent Worldspace, how does it work.

FreddyHollensen

So basically, I'm trying to add a parent worldspace, like Tamriel is parent worldspace to Riften, to my own city.

Question is, how does this work, how do I specify where my city is placed so it will - get the right place for the the custom world space in Tamriel.

If I wanted to make, say winterhold college, into a seperate worldspace, how would I go about if I wanted the view to be of winterhold and the sea of ghosts.
(Like all major cities does.)

As far as I know, the only use of a Parent world is that you can just tick a few boxes to have all the data from that world imported into yours, such as the water type, weather, lighting, map, etc. The actual worldspace itself is not copied though, so you'll still end up making your own worldspace from scratch.

Alright, thanks, I kinda feared that as well, I believe it is doable but the process is a drag and since I've got other things to take care of, I might just wait a bit with this.

My hopes was that there was a way to place some sort of marker in the tamriel worldspace and use it as some sort of reference to your ''child'' worldspace, for it to generate its low poly landscape around... If anyone sees this and think, eyy, I saw a tutorial on this exact matter, don't hesitate to hand out a link ;) ♥

I've tried searching but to no avail, and it is obviously possible since Bethesda did it at least 6 times with the main cities.

Alright, thanks, I kinda feared that as well, I believe it is doable but the process is a drag and since I've got other things to take care of, I might just wait a bit with this.

My hopes was that there was a way to place some sort of marker in the tamriel worldspace and use it as some sort of reference to your ''child'' worldspace, for it to generate its low poly landscape around... If anyone sees this and think, eyy, I saw a tutorial on this exact matter, don't hesitate to hand out a link :wink: ♥

I've tried searching but to no avail, and it is obviously possible since Bethesda did it at least 6 times with the main cities.

I can answer that. Drop a map marker inside your worldspace. However, getting the map marker to show up on the world map where your city is supposed to sit is a bit trickier but the basics are covered below.

If you are actually putting a city in skyrim, you actually do need to use tamriel as a parent worldspace. The reasons are:

1) Dragon's should, theoretically, be able to enter the town from the sky ("Use Sky Cell" should be on)

2) it would be wierd to have it raining outside the city, enter the city and suddenly find it sunny. ("Use Climate Data" should be checked.)

The next thing you need to do is set your Wold Map Offset Data inside the World Spaces Window. This is where your map marker will actually sit (measured in cells, so find the cell your city will sit in and find out what coordinates those are, and use that data.)

That SHOULD do it unless I have missed a vital step.

Edited by SpectralDragon