any Action MMORPGs with a stealth toggle?

DarthFalcon

Something like the rogue from WoW, or the stealth classes from SWTOR. And by action MMO i mean something like Tera, or Neverwinter. I've been searching for other MMOs with a stealth mechanic like this, found a few outside the action sub-genre (Ragnarok Online 2 for example).

The thief on Guild Wars 2 has a stealth mechanic. It's not a toggle and is activated only by (several) abilities. Though through the use of combos a thief can maintain stealth almost indefinitely through a battle as long as he's facing enemies.

The thief on Guild Wars 2 has a stealth mechanic. It's not a toggle and is activated only by (several) abilities. Though through the use of combos a thief can maintain stealth almost indefinitely through a battle as long as he's facing enemies.

Yea I know about the thief, but it's not a toggle, which is specifically what I'm looking for, otherwise I could just stick to Neverwinter =)

Skyrim???

is not an MMO?

Also cause I realize it could cause some confusion only after posting the topic and not being able to change the name, by stealth i mean invisibility.

Edited by DarthFalcon

Thor. He already applies to yours. 1) it's not an MMO. 2) Skyrim toggle isn't stealth it's hidden. He wants invisibility a la Dragon Age but in an MMO

Oh okay then, i don't know if there is any mmo's other than guild wars 2 that have stealth??

I'll keep an eye out.

You could try the Hitman series, not sure how well the online part is though.

Edited by Thor.

The Hitman series doesn't have any online part, you play through a single player mission and then other people can play through it and try to kill targets the way you say to, there is no actual multiplayer.

Maybe I'll just have to stick with normal MMOs, Action MMOs might not have any stealth classes yet.

Edited by DarthFalcon

I know exactly what you're talking about and I've been looking for the same thing.

Dark Ages of Camelot has this, even though it's an older MMO (was one of the MMOs BEFORE WoW came out). It's still going so you can play it if you want. The graphics are comparable to WoW, though less cartoony. In the game, you toggle your stealth on, stay invisible to others (youre visible to yourself but only in a shadow-like outline to let you know youre in stealth mode), and stealth mode wasn't timer based at all. You could keep the stealth on forever if you wanted to, and only get revealed if you attack, or someone had a higher stealth skill than you and sees you. It's a very cool system that I really miss a lot in the current MMOs. I haven't found any yet to date that comes close to this system.

However, there is hope. One of the directors of DAoC is the head director of Elder Scrolls Online, and the ES system has a stealth-like toggle system with the Sneak skill, which doesn't turn you partially invisible for self-effects for some reason. Always thought that was odd. Anyways, If he's going to stay true to the Sneak skill of ES, than I'm willing to bet you're gonna see the stelath mechanic we want to see in ESO.

I'm extremely hopeful for this. /crosses fingers

Edited by lonewolf_kai