Stealth against slavers at Lincoln Memorial... Possible?

simpliztik

I just came back from a rage fest after multiple attempts to use stealth against the slavers at Lincoln Memorial. IT. DOES. NOT. SEEM. POSSIBLE. I don't know if it's a bug or something mod related but EVERY slaver seems to spot me when I'm in stealth mode and I'm 15 meters behind them. I am also using a stealth boy. I tried doing this during the night and I still get spotted even when I'm out of their line of sight. This is totally breaking my immersion with the game and I can't find an alternative path. I'm using the FWE mod and going in guns blazing is definitely not an option I'm open to.

I'd say that it is definitely one of your mods. I've gone full stealth before cleaning house at the Lincoln Memorial (and elsewhere) any number of times, and never had a problem. Anything that affects NPC abilities / reactions (especially in combat) would be the first thing to look at.

Edited by 7thsealord

• 8 months later...

Generally speaking, if your gun isn't silenced they're going to spot you after you make the first attack. Sometimes if you get like a head shot with a plasma rifle or something you can get away with one shot without tripping your detection, but that's about it. That's one thing I liked better about NV was there were more silenced weapons. Even on level 30 with 100 sneak and a bunch of excellent perks, if I fire my gauss rifle, every enemy in the area knows where I am. When I used to carry a sniper rifle, it didn't matter how far away I was or if I got a head shot. Once the shot was fired, they would look around for me even if I was up on a mountain and they couldn't get to me.

There's something seriously off with the AI as well, because the moment you get "caution" status, the enemy automatically knows where you are. They won't come charging at you like when you're in "danger", but they will slowly and methodically start heading towards you. It's not like they're going to go off in another direction looking for you. Or at least it's very rare.

Also, that entire area is heavily trapped and mined, so make sure you're not tripping any traps, because that could be part of your problem too, although I would think you'd know that because I think they're all explosive traps. IIRC.

• 5 months later...

In the context of the stealth system, the "caution" is accurate, they heard or saw something in your direction, and are coming to investigate so you need to stay quiet or hightail it out of there.

I do agree that there should be another stage between "hidden" and "caution" where the enemy knows his friends head was just blown off but doesn't immediately know to seek you out.

• 4 months later...

If I'm not enemies with the Slaver Faction -i.e. I haven't killed the Slavers of Paradise Falls prior to sneaking up on the Lincoln Memorial- and I get within a certain distance from the slavers, regardless whether I'm stealthed or not, one slaver will start talking to me -it's a scripted thingy. If I am enemies with the Slaver Faction and I get within the same distance, they will start shooting at me. Your approach may also factor into this; going up to the steps of the memorial is a surefire way to get spotted -try outflanking them, going up the either of the dirt paths to either side of the steps. [Watch out for mines and traps though].