Allow Dogmeat to equip Melee Weapons

mikipatam

:smile: I hardly play without 'm. Never had him mess up my sneaking and I sneak constantly.

I use the "everyone's best friend" mod combined with the K9 Harness. Healing him during combat will get you 'likes' from most companions.

The 'regular' companions are way more trouble when sneaking or in close quarters, especially if they get their hands on handgrenades ... :sad:

For me its the most consistent part of any playthrough. (mostly used as a walking container and to watch my back and, well... for the company :tongue: )

Same, that's why I wish he was more reliable

I use the K9-Harness mod too so he has more carrying weight and defense (since you can put Ballistic Weave on it) so I just wanted a way to increase his damage without just simply bumping the default dog damage like the Dogmeat True Companion mod does

Also, let's not forget, Lone Wanderer builds.. I don' think what I am asking is too OP anyway since it would still be better to give a melee weapon to Strong because of his broken Strength status..

:smile: I hardly play without 'm. Never had him mess up my sneaking and I sneak constantly.

I use the "everyone's best friend" mod combined with the K9 Harness. Healing him during combat will get you 'likes' from most companions.

The 'regular' companions are way more trouble when sneaking or in close quarters, especially if they get their hands on handgrenades ... :sad:

For me its the most consistent part of any playthrough. (mostly used as a walking container and to watch my back and, well... for the company :tongue: )

Same, that's why I wish he was more reliable

I use the K9-Harness mod too so he has more carrying weight and defense (since you can put Ballistic Weave on it) so I just wanted a way to increase his damage without just simply bumping the default dog damage like the Dogmeat True Companion mod does

Also, let's not forget, Lone Wanderer builds.. I don' think what I am asking is too OP anyway since it would still be better to give a melee weapon to Strong because of his broken Strength status..

Neither did Beth. 'cause dogmeat doesn't disable the lone wanderer perk, so instead of dogmeat being stronger, you are. But I hear ya, especially late game (level 100+) he could use a bit more bite. He goes down way to fast too, even with the fully upgraded K9 harness, imho. The biggest plus compared to other companions, he doesn't have any annoying line he repeats every 5 minutes! (Seriously, if I hear "I never lost anyone before" or similar one more time, I'm going ballistic :cool: )

Yeah, companions, and area of effect weapons are NOT a good combination. :D