Mods don't always load

hucker75

Last at load order. if someone use so many mods, some mods of those not going to work and the mod is not working must put last at load order -something like this happening with settlement mods. The Nexus mod manager helps with the load order, but if someone change things there, then he can see new things to happen, things with AI for that kind of mods, with thw carry weight really works and other things. That's all. Thanks.

You might need to straighten your load order, some mods need to be loaded last. I have nuclear winter, masks of the commonwealth they halt a little but load right in, once I am done with pop up screens. I have an alternate start mod.

I guess that happens with me anyway. If a mod breaks, I reinstall, so it gets put at the end of the load order. I just did that with nuclear winter and it sorted it but broke something else, which I then sorted in the same way.

Do you get any conflict management feedback from NMM? If not I highly suggest moving to Mod Organizer 2.

It keeps the entire DATA folder pristine, it works with a virtual file system.

Utilities like FO4 Editor work on that virtual file system - they don't touch the game installation folder.

When there are loose file overwrites of loose files - you get feedback in the UI.

If you activate Enable Archives Parsing - you can see conflicts between different archives or loose files and archives.

Conflict management with MO2 couldn't be easier - there is a Conflicts tab on every mod and it shows you which files from which mods are conflicting.

Learning curve is a breeze once you understand that to install an update you select Merge - which will keep everything in the mod install directory and only add/overwrite if necessary.