Another 3ds max question

But I can't make furniture, clothes, objects yet.

Furniture is not so dreadfully hard. Make the static mesh, make the idle, and then the rest is CK work.

Here's a tutorial. It explains it all in terms of taking poses from pose mods and linking them to vanilla meshes, but it works just as well for hand made meshes and animations.

Pepperman35... have you tried editing animated doors in nifscope? My animations after nifskop do not work. Even if you just rewrite nifs with pe anim without making changes, the animations immediately die. Not sure why, but any static mesh animations done in 2013 max with ck plugins after nifskop won't start.

Pepperman35... have you tried editing animated doors in nifscope? My animations after nifskop do not work. Even if you just rewrite nifs with pe anim without making changes, the animations immediately die. Not sure why, but any static mesh animations done in 2013 max with ck plugins after nifskop won't start.

There is only 1 line inside a havok animated .nif file, to link to the .hkx 'behaviour' data. (where the animations are stored, compressed)

So, there isn't much Nifskope can screw up.

However, just like gamebryo animations, they use node names and/or id's for linking the animation data to any object.

If you change those, by hand or copying or replacing a mesh ... and you brake that link.

I haven't changed anything. More precisely, as an experiment, I just overwritten nif in nifscop. The bottom line is that I try not to mess with nifscop at all. I assign all materials immediately in max. Such meshes, immediately passed through elrich after max and added to the game in ck, work without errors. But after nifscop doesn't work. Vanilla animated meshes pass nifscop without any problems. I'm at a loss.

Hmm... weird. Could have to do with the sanitation/optimization while saving.

Did you compare the nif file as before and after saving with nifskope?

The only reason I can think of is a change in ID's/names, or possibly the flags (does it still contain the animation flag etc.)

It would be nice to have another person check. Why I asked the person with the official plugins. Perhaps these are my local problems. For example, incorrect elrich settings, or nifskop version, or something else. If another person's nif also does not start, then this is a nuance characteristic of the plugin.