ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Overwrite Files, Yes to all, Yes, No to all or No?

Systemlord30

Why don't you use the SkyUI mod?

I also play Skyrim on Playstation 3 too so I'm used the the normal interface, and actually like it.

Can I use SKSE alongside either ENB or NMM?

Answered by markus242005.

What is your opinion about using ENB mods, are they worth it if visuals are important to you or can they be problematic at times?

That's a question that has too many answers to state here. Generally speaking, if I had a computer that could run ENB perfectly well, that looked great everywhere I went in Skyrim, and didn't make my computer / GPU louder then yes I'd use ENB - but my computer isn't very good, and ENBs rarely look great everywhere (not everywhere in Skyrim looks good, that's not ENBs fault).

I'm not experienced enough to state if there is an ENB out there that I would recommend, and people that use ENBs test lots of different ENB presets to find one(s) they like, and also use different ENBs throughout their time with Skyrim just to make a change once in a while. I'm working on a non-ENB lighting mod right now as I'm hoping to achieve better graphics than standard Skyrim and without any performance loss.

...as well as whether your PC is capable of running ENB presets, they are usually VERY resource heavy, and will choke a mediocre PC in a heartbeat to near unplayable frames per second.

Hyperbole there methinks. I have a relatively ancient Q6600 2.4Ghz CPU (no o/c) and an almost equally ancient GTX 260 and I can play Skyrim with ENB @ appox 25 to 30 fps - perfectly playable and same if not better fps than I see on PS3.

1. Using or not using SkyUI is a personal preference, it is however the most endorsed mod of all time on the nexus... so plenty of people really like it, so do I.

2. Yes, SKSE is a simple script extender, and won't conflict with anything except Skyrim if your Skyrim isn't up to date or compatible with the SKSE version you are downloading.

3. Lots of people have and use ENB, but whether or not you should use them is dependent on your personal preference, as well as whether your PC is capable of running ENB presets, they are usually VERY resource heavy, and will choke a mediocre PC in a heartbeat to near unplayable frames per second.

4. If you're running Skyrim through Steam, then you should be up to date as Steam auto updates unless you're running it in offline mode. If you're running in offline mode, you would know it, because Steam is set to online by default on install. If you're running a non-steam version of the game, it's pirated, and thus, you can't be helped here, piracy is not supported on the nexus, and even someone helping someone who is pirating games can be banned for it. However, you CAN check the version number of your game by going into your Skyrim folder, and hovering over the TESV.exe, it will show the version number 1.x.xx.x

See these two threads about piracy:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/293557-piracy-and-you/

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/831372-non-steam-copy-of-a-steam-exclusive-game/

I will most likely use the SKSE just for the SkyUI and Nexus Mod Manager with a few mods. My copy of Skyrim is retail, I'm not ready to abandon physical media just yet. Are the unofficial Skyrim patches work alright with NMM?

PC specs water cooling

Nec 19" monitor 1280x1024 @75Hz

Delidded i7 3770K @4.5GHz

Nvidia GTX 480 @880 core

System Memory 8GB RAM

Samsung 830 Series 256GB SSD

Edited by Systemlord30

I will most likely use the SKSE just for the SkyUI and Nexus Mod Manager with a few mods. My copy of Skyrim is retail, I'm not ready to abandon physical media just yet. Are the unofficial Skyrim patches work alright with NMM?

While your system should readily handle ENB and most ENB presets, you will still get stuttering and frame drops in heavier loaded areas, regardless if some think it's hyperbole.

That being said, Skyrim is a Steam exclusive game, which doesn't mean you can't buy a retail version, but it does mean you HAVE to have Steam to bind the game to it and authenticate. If your game is NOT Steam enabled, and you are able to play, it's a pirated/cracked game, no matter where or when you bought it.

Again, I'll refer you to this:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/831372-non-steam-copy-of-a-steam-exclusive-game/

"stuttering and frame drops" is very different to "near unplayable frames per second".

Obviously however you buy Skyrim and in whatever form, people still have the right to chose physical media purchases - I did this because I wanted a literal copy to put on my shelf.

Unless you have damn good reason to accuse others of illegal activity, perhaps you should think more before posting and offending others.

Edited by LargeStyle

"stuttering and frame drops" is very different to "near unplayable frames per second".

Obviously however you buy Skyrim and in whatever form, people still have the right to chose physical media purchases - I did this because I wanted a literal copy to put on my shelf.

Unless you have damn good reason to accuse others of illegal activity, perhaps you should think more before posting and offending others.

Yes... you're right... it is very different. Just like a Dual core running at 1Ghz, with Intel HD graphics onboard, is very different from his setup. To say you'll have no problems without knowing what the setup is, is foolhardy at best.

As well, I never accused anyone of anything, I was merely pointing out that you can buy a retail copy (as I did, ironically) but it still is Steam bound, which makes it a Steam exclusive game. I was giving the OP information he should have... just like I wasn't telling him to use or not to use ENB's without having the information I need to know if he should be.