KvatchCastlePortcullis02 problem

inggrish

OK, having tested this very script with another gate (an oblivion war gate) it works fine. There must be a problem with this model of portcullis??? :S

This dosent help really though, since I want a portcullis, and that one is the only decent one available! Do you know of any portcullis models around?

• 10 months later...

I seem to be having the Exact same problem. I have the playgroups set fine, the scripts following work perfectly for me with other gates. I'm only having issues with this one gate for the moment, KvatchCastlePortcullis02. I have the following script running on the

Switch:

scn tUL665TharnstEntOpenerScript

; activates parent after a 2 sec delay

short open
short next
short busy
float timer
ref mySelf
ref myParent

begin onActivate   ;tells the switch what to do when activated

if busy == 0
     if open == 0
        playgroup forward 1
        set open to 1
        set next to 1
        set timer to 2
     else
        playgroup backward 1
        set open to 0
        set next to 1
        set timer to 0.5
     endif
     set busy to 1
  endif

end

begin gameMode  ;sets up references and tells the switch that when it is activated, to activate it's parent reference

if next == 1 && timer <= 0
     set mySelf to getSelf
     set myParent to getParentRef
     myParent.activate mySelf 1
     set next to 0
  endif

if isAnimPlaying == 0 && busy == 1
     set busy to 0
  endif

if timer > 0
     set timer to timer - getSecondsPassed
  endif

end

begin onReset  ;resets the switch when the cell resets

reset3DState
  set next to 0
  set open to 0
  set busy to 0

end

and the actual gate script:

scn tUL665TharnstEntDoorScript

short init
short next
short lowered
short busy
ref mySelf
ref myParent

begin onActivate  ;tells the drawbridge what to do when activated

if isActionRef player == 1
     if lowered == 0
        message "This gate is lowered remotely."
     else
        message "This gate is raised remotely."
     endif
  elseif isActionRef mySelf == 0 && busy == 0
     if lowered == 0         ;if activated and the bridge is up, push the bridge down
        playgroup forward 0
        set lowered to 1
     else
        playgroup backward 0      ;if activated when the bridge is down, pull the bridge up
        set lowered to 0
     endif
     set next to 1
     set busy to 1
  endif

end

begin gameMode

if init == 0      
     ; set up ref variables
     set mySelf to getSelf
     set myParent to getParentRef
     set init to 1
  endif

if next == 1
     myParent.activate mySelf 1      ; this says "if I am activated, activate my parent reference"
     set next to 0
  endif

if isAnimPlaying == 0 && busy == 1
     set busy to 0
  endif

end

I copied the script from a tutorial I went through. It is missing a small bit of code (to reverse the gate/bridge's original appearance) to try to attempt to fix this. (I omitted the enable/disableLinkedPathPoints in this one for clarity) There were no changes. Did nothing. The code looks clean on paper...

So then I found my way here and tried the script that the brilliant Vagrant0 posted. I had to set the playgroup variables (i set them to 0) so that the code looks like this:

scn tULTharstEntOpenerTESTScript

ref gate
ref self
short triggered

begin onactivate
set gate to getparentref
set self to getself
if triggered != 1
self.playgroup forward 0
gate.playgroup forward 0
set triggered to 1
elseif triggered == 1
self.playgroup backward 0
gate.playgroup backward 0
set triggered to 0
endif
end

This works like a beauty on everything else, but won't solve the problem with the animations. Now I know that its a problem with either the CS, the gate anim, or my comp. Thanks for the code to kill clutter scripts Vagrant0. I will still use the longer scripts for complex daisy chains, but those simple ones help a lot.

I hope that there is a solution to this, Matt (Inggrish). If you happen to find either a solution or a mod that allows a cool gate as a modder's resource, please let me know. I will do the same,

theuseless

Thanks, Im glad it wasn't just a problem at my end! Haha, I want a decent portcullis to woprk still too. Oh well, yeah I will keep you updated. Ill PM you as well as adding a comment on here in case ytou dont check this (if i find a solution) ;)

Matt (Inggrish)

have you tried calling "playgroup forward" or "playgroup backward" in console with a non-scripted gate? The problem might not be the gate, but the switch that is used. By removing the element of a script or a trigger from the equation, you should be able to see if the problem is the gate itself or not.

There is another portcullis type that can be used, under the ruined fort set I think. If you still can't get the kvatch one to work, you might be able to just replace the visual parts of that mesh with the visual parts of the kvatch mesh, or use it as is.

Hey there buddy. Back again. I found a portcullis that works with any of the aforementioned scripts, tho not nearly so grandiose. It is located at Activators/Dungeons/Caves. You get the CGate01 and the open version as well. I have tried these extensively with all the aforementioned scripts and other, vanilla, scripts. They animate perfectly as long as you use Vagrant0's first script as is. If you want to link them to other stuff, the scripting is already present vanilla. For a funny repeat effect (funny after I found my fix lol) try triggering the doors with vanilla rfswitch01. I haven't tried to modify the scripts to add the damage effects from the mace traps, but I'm sure its possible. Anyways, you can scale these gates up if you so choose, just remember to make a unique activator with functioning scripts attatched to open them. I hope this solves your problem (the portcullis style gates come fully decked out with architecture to make them look nice and smooth.

I'll pm you this as well to make sure that you aren't wasting all your time looking for answers like I did :thumbsup:

Hope this helps you out,

theuseless