I cannot speak to my NPC

I am at my wit's end and I hope someone can aid me in this dialogue issue. I am using CK 64bit with CK Fix from Nexus.

1. I have created an NPC. This NPC is very basic but marked as essential. Currently does not have any AI packages made.

2. I created a new "quest" which is basically just a dialogue. I created the dialogue for the player to say hello, and the NPC's response. The player has the option to help the NPC or not. The GetIsId is set to the NPC I created.

3. Long story short I have watched countless tutorials, all of them explained the exact same setup. I have made that set up to a T and it does not matter whether I coc or load a save, I cannot get the NPC to offer me the dialogue when I approach. and tap E. The only responses I get are the standard passerby statements and no dialogue views are offered. I've tried waiting 48 hours after beating them to death and all kinds of changes. Wth?

No idea...it's a new one for me. If there was just silence I would say either there was a voice-type mismatch or a missing audio file but if you're only getting vanilla responses than something else is the problem.

If you want to share with me your WIP mod I would take a look at it.

I am at my wit's end and I hope someone can aid me in this dialogue issue. I am using CK 64bit with CK Fix from Nexus.

1. I have created an NPC. This NPC is very basic but marked as essential. Currently does not have any AI packages made.

2. I created a new "quest" which is basically just a dialogue. I created the dialogue for the player to say hello, and the NPC's response. The player has the option to help the NPC or not. The GetIsId is set to the NPC I created.

3. Long story short I have watched countless tutorials, all of them explained the exact same setup. I have made that set up to a T and it does not matter whether I coc or load a save, I cannot get the NPC to offer me the dialogue when I approach. and tap E. The only responses I get are the standard passerby statements and no dialogue views are offered. I've tried waiting 48 hours after beating them to death and all kinds of changes. Wth?

No idea...it's a new one for me. If there was just silence I would say either there was a voice-type mismatch or a missing audio file but if you're only getting vanilla responses than something else is the problem.

If you want to share with me your WIP mod I would take a look at it.

PM sent

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if you managed to get this fixed already, but did you try generating a SEQ file (using SSEEdit) for your NPC?

If not, google how to do that and it should fix the issue.

If load correctly you mod in Tes5Edit and it didn't generate a SEQ, then there is something wrong with your quest or plugin.

All "Npc's Dialogue" needs a SEQ file, this is the reason why the SEQ was implemented by Bethesda in the first place, without it no new added dialogue will ever fire correctly and reliably.

Use a save file that has not seen the mod and just to be sure, before the npc is 3Dloaded, make a 'New Save' and load that save, then talk to your npc, all of this of course if your dialogue quest is all correctly set up.

Have a happy modding.

Edited by maxarturo