Advanced Recon Thermal Night Vision mod (with Detect Traps) bug report

VGI

Ok, someone deleted my entry (or for some reason, I can't find it anymore), so I am making a new one. I did some serious bug reporting in the span of SEVERAL DAYS during my last post which I will now try to do now using my own time and effort.

Now, if I am doing something wrong posting this, please tell me via private message or whatever just let me know. I don't know if posting this post in another place in the forum is wrong but if it is then let me know one way or another. I have spent far too much time and effort reporting this already, and just like 99.999% of you guys, I do have a job to get to and several responsibilities in real life for which I must be accountable to and bug-reporting ISN'T one of them. I'm doing this because I WANT TO even though doing it can get me in trouble.

This mod is bugged, at least for the likes of me. It does not work despite me installing FOSE just for it. I tried installing this mod using NMM and FOMM, both had identical results. The following is the sequence of events as best I can remember it.

i. Last saved game - already equipped with power armor.
1. Installed the 2 mod (Advanced Recon Thermal NightVision and Detect Traps) using NMM. No FOSE yet.
2. Could not activate mod functionalities via Hotkeys, because FOSE ain't installed yet (I was like, "Duh.")
3. Turned FOSE functionalities OFF via <Adv. Recon Settings> which prompted the mod to add NV, Thermal, and TAC activators to PipBoy.
4. Turned NV on via activator. No effect.
5. Turned TAC on via activator. No effect.
6. Turned Thermal on via activator. Effect lasts for 1 second, and that's it. except for your arms which remains in thermal colors (bright gold yellow), everything is default. You cannot turn Thermal functions ever again after using it once.
7. Thermal colored arms reset to default if you leave a location.

ii. Installed FOSE, still load game with power armor and power helmet on.
1. Tried hotkeys, no effect.
2. Tried changing hotkeys. "N" for Night Vision and "M" for Thermal. No effect.
3. FOSE Installation useless.

iii. Deactivated and deleted mods via NMM, reinstalled via FOMM, FOSE still installed.
1. It did not matter that I installed it via FOMM this time around because it had the same exact results as above.

iv. Used BOSS to rearrange load order properly.
1. Results exactly identical.

v. Deactivated mods via FOMM, redownloaded and activated mods via NMM again, but used BOSS to arrange load order properly. FOSE still installed.
1. Results exactly identical.

vi. Tried one more time, this time I unequipped the power helmet of my character. Lo and behold he's not wearing anything in or on his head, but I could still use Thermal Imaging via its PipBoy activator...I'm like, "Huh?"
1. Results still exactly identical, despite character not using a power helmet.

So, bugged, right?

I really wanted to private message this to Gopher, the mod author. But for some reason, the forum tells me he cannot receive private messages.

PS: My mod list is RIDICULOUSLY short. Gopher's mods are the most complicated mods in my list.

when you installed the mod it would have asked if you wanted to add it to power armor helmets and other like helmets. apparently you didnt select this option thats why its not working with the helmet on. The TAC wont work without the TAC object itself. and the nightvision wont work without the device unless you have the cyborg nightvision mod installed.

Edited by shadowfx78