Suggested Mods: Made by the People, For the People.

Site Bot

Article link: Suggested Mods: Made by the People, For the People.

Have you ever felt as if the Top 50 list on the F03Nexus is a bit deceiving? Have you ever felt that some of the mods on the Top 50 deserved to be on the Top 50 but aren't? Yes, it has all the highest rated mods but the highest rated mods aren't always the best. And I'm sure there's a lot of great, new mods that are out and aren't in the Top 50 yet.

This topic will not only serve as a place for people to find suggested mods, but also a place where mods can be discussed. Whenever you find a mod that you think is great, post the link to it and I will add it to the list as soon as possible. I will also give 1 kudos point to any member that helps out. Also, I want to keep this list as serious as possible. By all means, feel free to express your opinion on certain mods but please don't bash any mods. Furthermore, if you have just made a new mod, this is not your place to advertise it. This is simply created for the general public to help out the general public. I will also check the Top 50 daily and I will put any mods not in the Top 50 at the top of this list and the ones in the Top 50 at the bottom. The will be in no specific order, though.

I plan on making this more organized in the future. Please bear with me.

Not in the Top 50:

Enhanced Vision Modes Alpha - "It gives power armor helmets the ability to highlight NPCs and creatures. This mod helps with the looting after the battle by highlighting corpses."

Vault 100 - "You ever wondered where would Vault-tec high-ranked personnel save itself from a nuclear attack? All vaults were experiments... except this one. Explore the biggest vault in Wasteland DC, undercover tons of technology and see some Vault-tec secrets."

WARNING: This is not yet completed. It's in the pre-alpha stages... looks very promising though.

Realism BETA - "This mod makes combat more realistic. You shoot them in the head once, they're dead, you get shot in the head once... you're dead. It also removes unnecessary clutter from the area, thus increasing performance."

=---------------------=

In the Top 50:

Weapon Mod Kits - "Weapon Modification Kits - or 'Weapon Mod Kits' - allow you to use a Weapon Mod Workbench to modify your favorite 'Small Guns' firearms with a range of handy attachments. Auto-Fire Mechanism, Laser Sight, Silencer and more."

Enclave Commander - "This mod has a ton of features. But mainly, you get control over a Vertiberd and Enclave Soldiers."

Terrain Pack - "Replaces landscape/ terrain textures and bumpmaps for FALLOUT 3. The default game textures and bumpmaps and have a typical resolution of 512x512 pixels. These textures have all been replaced with real-world photograph-based equivalent textures, and you can choose 3 different resolutions to suit your PC."

Fallout Mod Manager - "A collection of utilities related to both creating and using mods. Current features include a one click mod installation and removal, setting active mods and changing load order, extracting bsa's, repacking bsa's and more."

Marts Mutant Mod BETA - "This mod focuses on adding a huge range of diversity to creatures and NPCs in the Fallout 3 world as well as adding new and unique creatures and NPCs to encounter. The mod is broken down into a core base and a range of optional modules."

*Contains New Textures*

Sharing And Caring Companions - "Now you can talk to any NPC in the game (any NPC that you can open dialogue with), and ask them to be your friend. When their your friend, you can trade with them, ask them to follow you and more."

Buildable Bots - "This mod adds a new room to the Robot Repair Centre near canterberry commons, containing the equipment required to build your own robots. Building robots requires parts that can be scavenged off robots you find and kill in the wasteland. Once built, each robot has the basic functionality of a companion NPC - they can be told to follow, wait, or patrol the area."

Last Updated: February 9th, 2009. 9:44 EST.

Archived