Persistent CTD at the exact same spot

CaptainPatch

UPDATE: Once I arrived at Whiterun, I added about a half-dozen mods that became pertinent once I entered the city. So now I have 53 mods, of which one is on hold (Gold Coin Crafting) because it is Unrecognized and I have to figure out how to set a User Rule for it. Aside from that one hitch, the game has been rock solid (which is a pleasant change of pace, given I was getting accustomed to CTDs every ten minutes). But the main thing is that I got past that persistent CTD and have brought down the first dragon.

Continuing on.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, no blood mods of any kind. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Current list of mods per NMM:

SKSE Scripts

Training costs - Training costs

Enhanced Lights and FX

Complete Crafting Overhaul

Smithing Perks Overhaul

Quest of Seven Keys - QuestofSevenKeys1_0

RQ - Tanning and Smelting Experience - Tanning and Smelting Experience

When Vampires Attack - When Vampires Attack

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch - Unofficial Dragonborn Patch

Specialized Followers - SpecializedFollowers1012

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch - Unofficial Hearthfire Patch

Unofficial High Resolution Patch - Unofficial High Resolution Patch

Bandolier - Bags and Pouches - Bandolier - Bags and Pouches v1dot101

Smithing Perks Overhaul

Complete Crafting Overhaul

Run For Your Lives - Run For Your Lives

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch - Unofficial Dawnguard Patch

Perks Unbound - With DLC Support - Perks Unbound

Improved Blacksmithing - Improved Blacksmithing zip File

Unofficial Skyrim Patch - Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Riverside Lodge with Sauna - Riverside Lodge v133

Guard Dialogue Overhaul - Guard Dialogue Overhaul -

JK- Crafting Breakdown -Junk Melting Smelting- - -JK- Crafting Breakdown

ApachiiSkyHair - ApachiiSkyHair_v_1_5_Full

Amazing Follower Tweaks - AmazingFollowerTweaks_1_66

Helgen Reborn - Helgen Reborn V104 Full BETA

Gold Coin Smithing and Smelting - Gold Coin Smithing and Smelting (currentli inactive)

Mining More AND Faster - 2x more ore with 2 thirds the amount of swings

More Firewood per Chop - More Firewood per Chop

Glowing Ore Veins 300 - Glowing Ore Veins 300 2_00

Exciting Skill Ranks

Wearable Lanterns - Wearable Lanterns 2_2a

Alternate Start - Live Another Life - Alternate Start - Live Another Life

Weapons and Armor Fixes - Remade with Dawnguard and Dragonborn support - Weapons and Armor Fixes - COMPLETE

Extensible Follower Framework - Extensible Follower Framework v3-5-6

SkyUI

Convenient Horses - Convenient Horses v4_7

Smithing Extended - Breakdown Reforge - SE - BR Main File

Edited by CaptainPatch

Essential Followers
Extensible Follower Framework

One of those mods is redundant, because all the follower overhaul mods allow you to toggle the essential flag for followers. I also don't know if you should be using EFF. It hasn't been updated since August of 2012. That's before several official patches and some DLCs. Since I've never used it, I do not know if there are issues. Whenever you see a mod that has not been updated for a long time, check the mod support thread and see if people are reporting issues with the mod, especially issues regarding support for the official updates that came after the mod's last update and the DLCs.

I currently use AFT to handle followers.

Edited by ripple

To enable SKSE CIR:

Navigate to '..../skyrim/data/SKSE/' and create 'SKSE.ini' using NotePad or another text editor, then enter the following lines:

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

Save and close.

Just to show you how slow I am, I've _finally_ noticed something about this. I was putting the line into the [General] section of the Skyrim.ini, where it obviously would do no good. Further, I tracked down the SKSE folder, but it was down a different path, NOT in a Data folder. The path is C:\Users\Owner\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SKSE where the only folders for Skyrim are Logs, Saves, and SKSE. Does SKSE even do _anything_ in that location? I do know that both the Logs and Saves are where those things DO get stored currently.

To enable SKSE CIR:

Navigate to '..../skyrim/data/SKSE/' and create 'SKSE.ini' using NotePad or another text editor, then enter the following lines:

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

Save and close.

Just to show you how slow I am, I've _finally_ noticed something about this. I was putting the line into the [General] section of the Skyrim.ini, where it obviously would do no good. Further, I tracked down the SKSE folder, but it was down a different path, NOT in a Data folder. The path is C:\Users\Owner\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SKSE where the only folders for Skyrim are Logs, Saves, and SKSE. Does SKSE even do _anything_ in that location? I do know that both the Logs and Saves are where those things DO get stored currently.

The folder you found is where SKSE output its logs (not where you put the skse.ini file). The folder I indicated is where you should create the SKSE.ini file. So go there and create a new file using NotePad or WordPad named 'skse.ini', and insert the two lines I indicated.

Edited by ripple

• 2 years later...

I know this was an old thread, but I looked at the last entry and couldn't see the exact solution so I am going to write it in case anyone like me gets this problem. It might be a good idea to read the whole topic as it contains some helpful tips though.

Here it is: As I found it on another forum which was 2 or 3 entries long, the problem is caused by "BECOME KING OF RIVERHELM" mod. Disable it and voila! Problem is solved. For me, at least.

I must note this though, as I am writing this now, I haven't searched this topic if people here could find this solution or not, but either way, I thought it would be good for people who would skip reading the topic and see if there is a solution at the end. So yeah, enjoy playing Skyrim without a CTD at "Irileth, send a detachment to Riverwood at once".