Creating a character

majnoon53

my question is, is it possible to create a follower who looks exactly like a character already in the game, I would like to create vex as a follower but under another name of course, im a bit of a dipstick when it comes to using the creation kit so any help would be grateful or a post on how to create a character,thanks

Hi majnoon53,

Have you ever opened up the creation kit? I can explain what you could do to create this character.

By the way, if any other people here need to correct anything to do this, please do so. I'm learning myself, but I think I've figured this part out.

First, you need to open up the program, then load just Skyrim.esm. by hitting File-->Data. Following that, you'll need to look at the object window (has a list of stuff like actors, magic, character), then click on actors. At the top, next to filter, you'll find her if Actors is highlighted and you type in just 'Vex'. She'll show up.

Now, you'll want to right click and when the menu shows up, click 'duplicate'. it will show up as VexDUPLICATE or something along those lines. That one is safe to edit.

Now, you'll want to take away everything that makes her the Vex you find in the flagon. Double-click VexDUPLICATE so that a new window that says 'Actor' shows up, and has vex's name. At the top left, you can change her ID (probably to the new name) and then her actual name.

Next, you'll want to delete a lot of stuff from her actor data. Start with the scripts, on the left side of the window. Click on each, then remove them.

Now, under traits, you should see stuff like her race and her voice. You might need to change her voice so that she has follower dialogue. Something like FemaleNord or FemaleEvenToned should work fine, but I'm not sure Vex's initial voice will work.

After that is done, go to to the main part of the Actor window and click on 'Factions'. There shouldn't be anything else you need to alter on the first two tabs, except for maybe the voice to get her to be a follower. Under factions, you should just delete everything. After the faction list is empty, right-click and hit 'new'. a list of factions will show up. Now, just type 'follower' into filter, and you should see a much more doable list. Add potentialFollowerFaction and CurrentFollowerFaction in. When those both show up, double-click the value next to currentfollowerfaction and set it to -1.

Next up is relationships. Make a new one by rightclick->new. open the 'child' dropdown list, and scroll down to player, or type PL while the list is open. You'll want to set the level as either ally or lover. that's all for relationships.

Under AI Data, change unaggressive to aggressive.

You'll want to highlight and delete all of her AI packages. After that, you should be done with her character itself.

Now, you'll want to place her in the world. go to UESP or whatever skyrim wiki and find the place you want to place her in. You'll see something like "console location code" here; this is what you need to know. Back in the creation kit, you need to find the window that says Cell View; if you can't find it, on the main creation kit window, go to View-->Cell view Window. Now, it should be default to show Interiors; hopefully, you want to put her in an inn or something. Now, find under that list (sorted alphabetically) the console location code we found earlier, and double click it. Depending on your computer's speed, it should take some time and the render window should show the building you selected.

Now, go back to object window. if you X'd out of it, go to View-->Object Window. Now, search for whatever you named her if/when you changed her ID by typing that in the filter and highlighting Actor, and then it is as easy as clicking and dragging the icon that says VexDUPLICATE001 (or whatever you named her) into the render window that shows the building. Move her around wherever you want (she'll move around by herself anyways), and then boot up skyrim and you should find this Vex lookalike!

I know that's a lot to go through; By posting in Mod talk, it looked as if you wanted to know how to do this yourself. Hopefully the above directions aren't too confusing.

And to others, if I made a bad mistake anywhere, please let me know!

Edits made for more clarity in spots.

Edited by cronosnake