Announcing Beyond Skyrim: Cyrodiil

1shoedpunk

On the front page you mention this won't be released in chapters due to sharing one world space. However, I've heard that due to an engine bug you guys have decided to release most of the provinces in different world spaces. The exception seeming to be High Rock and Hammerfell, which will most likely be in the same world space.

So does this mean you'll be releasing the different provinces in chapters after all?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, due to a Havok bug which only allows worldspaces to be 128x128 cells, we had to split the heightmap into several parts. We currently have 3 worldspaces (there will eventually be 5, with Black Marsh and Summerset Isles.), BSIliacBay (High Rock and Hammerfell), BSHeartland (Cyrodiil, Valenwood and Elsweyr) and BSMorrowind (Morrowind and a small part of northern Black Marsh, I think).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Will I be able to travel to there on foot from Skyrim? And will it be the same scale or bigger than the world in Oblivion? And will there be a more diverse art design, cause Oblivion's art design was mostly just small hills covered with trees and not enough waterfalls, rivers, glades or fallen tree bridges.

I'm not that interested in a Skyrim-remake of Oblivion, this however looks fairly interesting

Edited by Rymdapa

Will I be able to travel to there on foot from Skyrim? And will it be the same scale or bigger than the world in Oblivion? And will there be a more diverse art design, cause Oblivion's art design was mostly just small hills covered with trees and not enough waterfalls, rivers, glades or fallen tree bridges.

The plan is that you'll be able to travel there on foot from Skyrim, yes.

I believe it's to a similar scale to Cyrodiil in TES 4: Oblivion, yes.

For art design, we're aiming for a nice middleground. We don't want too much of a departure from the Cyrodiil in Oblivion, but some of our landscaping is, for example, going to be a nod to the Unique Landscapes mod for Oblivion. We're not going to have everything be generic, but we don't want it to be a massive departure from Oblivion either.

We've also recently been discussing making a few small changes to the architecture of certain cities to make them a bit more distinct from those in Oblivion. We'll share more when we've decided on that.

There was another thing too. When you write down your quests please don't make them the repetitious and unimaginative ones from Skyrim, especially quests that takes the player all around the world so that there's too little to explore. At least not without good reasons because it takes away the joy of exploration to be told where and when to go when the player can instead find and learn new things through curiosity.

I got a nitpicky question too: This is over 200 years since the Oblivion crisis and yet judging from these pictures Bruma looks litterally the same as in Oblivion without any changes to the houses or streets. Is this what it's gonna look like in the final build?

Edited by Rymdapa