Camera Mod Recommendations?

DanielKelly1978

I can't provide citation, but when I was still trying to puzzle out how some images people post on Nexus are so high quality (and still large footprint), I recall reading a few posts along the line that suggested the high-Q images are produced directly from ENB. Due to upload size restrictions here, presumably the images are linked into nexus, rather than being one-off uploads as we *might do in these comment sections. (or maybe mod authors, where I usually see the large, high quality images, are given more leeway when uploading imagery... or both?)

For a poor-man's alternative, open the snapshot in a photo editor (ex: Paint dot Net) then scale the image by a factor of 3 (not 2, 3). Then use a de-noise to clean up (use sparingly) I use the odd multiplier because I've found it produces less pixelization. (and ftr, in Paint.Net, I use Effects >> Noise >> Reduce Noise and reduce the default radius just a little... again, I like odd numbers due to some natural "filtering" it causes, and the strength to somewhere between 0.10 and 0.30, dynamically adjusting for "best result")

Then, when saving, to reduce output file size, use jpg compression. For internet use (including site image size limits) and speaking for Paint Dot Net specifically, choose .jpg out, and you can go all the way down to 87% compression with no perceptible "viewer" loss on browsers. If you're hit with a hard limit in a given forum (for posting images, like here) you can then crop to area of interest if the image size is still too large. (If you're going to be modifying the image in the future, save as .png before saving the jpg distribution file, as it retains more info)

You can also scale the image back to the original size and often see improvement

I'd also note that I'm seeing a lot of .webp images these days. Not sure much about it, but you might read up on it. perhaps (I really don't know) it's a more optimal web distribution format (better compression/decompression)