What is the FO4 Engine ("Creation Engine") really good at?

Well, so it's actually not that small... I'm working on something similar, but I think you already know that. :wink: I haven't found anything in your mod section, so let me ask you: are you doing this only for your own purposes?

Regarding garbage everyone is talking about...

I suppose I'm the only one who likes it... :D It's a part of Fallout level design since 2008 (F3 release), and it really helps to create the atmosphere, and it also creates the feel that areas are not so dull and empty. I actually use this philosophy in my own mods - I use trash, litter, and projected decals everywhere I can...

Yes, I am just working on mods for my "personal use" (so far, that might change ...).

To get all the ideas and concepts out of my head and into the game, otherwise it would explode (my head, not the game!) ...

Hmmm... an island untouched by bombs, and you agree on the postwar look: 20 years, not 200.

So I'm wondering, do these textures involve a greener wasteland look, including some 'sparce' leaves on tree's?

'Cause I happen to be working on a greener wasteland set myself, as a side project.

It includes a brand new maple tree texture (4x8K) with new maple leaves, instead of just using the prewar versions (as pretty much all "green" mods out there do)

You're welcome to use those for your mod. I'm planning to release them free to use anyway, it's just not 100% to my liking yet.

Hmmm... an island untouched by bombs, and you agree on the postwar look: 20 years, not 200.

So I'm wondering, do these textures involve a greener wasteland look, including some 'sparce' leaves on tree's?

That's for sure. Since I live in the post-Soviet space, I have seen enough of what the abandoned objects of civilization look like after 20-30 years. They look much worse than objects in fo4. ) After 200 years, not a single high-rise building will remain standing, even just. They will all collapse. Even the foundation will not be left from wooden houses. And even bottles of Nuka Cola will be one and a half meters underground, so that only archaeologists can dig them up. )

That's for sure. Since I live in the post-Soviet space, I have seen enough of what the abandoned objects of civilization look like after 20-30 years. They look much worse than objects in fo4. ) After 200 years, not a single high-rise building will remain standing, even just. They will all collapse. Even the foundation will not be left from wooden houses. And even bottles of Nuka Cola will be one and a half meters underground, so that only archaeologists can dig them up. )

There are some excellent documentaries on the subject (what would happen if all humans where to disappear). But FO is 100% fantasy in its own alternative universe. It only has to 'feel' realistic.

If you where to take out everything that is wrong about this post-nuclear world, there would be nothing left to play.

My only problem is that it all looks way to dead for me to even hope there could be a future for mankind in this FO world. So I've been working on the landscape textures to make nature look a bit more alive.

Â

Â

There are some excellent documentaries on the subject (what would happen if all humans where to disappear). But FO is 100% fantasy in its own alternative universe. It only has to 'feel' realistic.

If you where to take out everything that is wrong about this post-nuclear world, there would be nothing left to play.

Â

My only problem is that it all looks way to dead for me to even hope there could be a future for mankind in this FO world. So I've been working on the landscape textures to make nature look a bit more alive.

yeah. I've seen this movie. But that's not what I mean. I liked the map in nir automata. The game is much easier in terms of meshes and animation. But the style is hundreds of times nicer. If only bethesda could make such maps ... For me, a carefully crafted natural landscape looks many times more expensive than a mixture of retro-futurism and cheap social satire. Beautiful places in games are priceless compared to just a pile of rubbish.Probably the most powerful thing to do for fo4 is to create some fantastic beautiful locations. They are sorely lacking in this game.

I noticed you're using LOD in this picture, right? So how did you make it? Did you use FO4LODGen?

looks good, but hard to judge. By the way, there is a point that I wanted to know, because judging by the picture, you know the answer. During the flight animation, at the border of the precombinations of the npc and the player, something is dropped from the mesh. The mesh continues to fly further (disappears for a few seconds and appears further), and the npc and the player fall. If you turn off precombinations, will that change? How to disable precombinations at all?

I noticed you're using LOD in this picture, right? So how did you make it? Did you use FO4LODGen?

Actually, no.

I have all set to ultra (except for godrays) and I'm using an ENB with custom shaders (PRC X - PhotoRealisitc Commonwealth). Plus a lot of tweaks. Increased view distance, uGridsToLoad, etc. (I don't recall touching the LOD settings)

Although I'm hardly using any effects, as its pretty heavy on the GPU. I could create even better looking pictures, but that would drop my FPS below 30. (and I'm using a I9 + RTX 2070Super + 64GB (DDR4 3200) + lightning fast SSD, so ... yeah)

Edited by RoNin1971