creation of water, rays of light and effects in 3d max.

I am mastering the official bethesda tools for 3d max 2013. I make furniture, animated objects, building elements. Now I'm making meshes for a nightclub. But I can't create pouring water, electric lightning, light rays and other effects with standard modifiers and tools. Particle do not work in nif animations, the noise modifier is not supported. Perhaps someone knows the tricks and the right tools to use.

https://youtu.be/wLbiz6DEPiU

Nice work there and some impressive animations going on in there as well. Not certain but pouring water (similar to a waterfall) might be done via texture animations. Not sure how these are set up in the exporter though.

What does texture animation mean? dds animation? Not. There are many 3d animations. They are made using some kind of modifier or tool. So is the light. I can make a ray (imitation of a ray), but I don't know how to make it illuminate, leave a spot of light and shadow. If it was possible to import nif with all the presets in max, then it would be enough to see it once and it would be possible to copy all bethesda's techniques. This applies to everything in general. I think, in general, it is vital to find the ability to import to the official plugins. If there were imports in max 2013, I could do anything.

For the texture animation I use a keyframed animation with the gamebryo animation script, you need to enable materials in the key filters, then you use the UV v/h offset in the material to move the texture on each key frame. You can edit the animation curve to change the type of transition.

For the texture animation I use a keyframed animation with the gamebryo animation script, you need to enable materials in the key filters, then you use the UV v/h offset in the material to move the texture on each key frame. You can edit the animation curve to change the type of transition.

By the way, this is also very interesting. Can you describe in more detail? In general, there is a special modifier in max for creating such an animation (I don't remember exactly the name, but if I need to, I can look), but it makes frame-by-frame textures finished animated 3D model.Shoots every frame of 3D animation, transforming it into a textures. This is mainly used for web animation.

Edited by South8028

The process I use is the same described in the following video : Door animation tutorial

But when it comes to moving the textures what I do is changing the UV offsets in the material settings, at bottom.

6Gnx2J.jpg

But for this data to be captured by Set Key you need to enable materials in Set Key Filters:

tBewhS.jpg

Additionally, to change the way the texture transitions from one keyframe to the next you can use the curve editor.

Select the object to which you are animating the material, then Graph Editor->Track View - Curve Editor.

There you have a video explaining the whole process, he just uses another type of material, but it is the same for the most part:

Tutorial: Animating A Traffic Light Using Texture Animation in 3d Studio Max

Edited by DieFeM

The process I use is the same described in the following video :ÃÂ Door animation tutorial

But when it comes to moving the textures what I do is changing the UV offsets in the material settings, at bottom.

ÃÂ

6Gnx2J.jpg

ÃÂ

But for this data to be captured by Set Key you need to enable materials in Set Key Filters:

ÃÂ

tBewhS.jpg

ÃÂ

Additionally, to change the way the texture transitions from one keyframe to the next you can use the curve editor.

Select the object to which you are animating the material, then Graph Editor->Track View - Curve Editor.

ÃÂ

There you have a video explaining the whole process, he just uses another type of material, but it is the same for the most part:ÃÂ

Tutorial: Animating A Traffic Light Using Texture Animation in 3d Studio Max

Clear. Thank you. In the game, how do you start the animation? So are the doors? I can use gamebryo animations as activators, doors, boxes.Nobody knows how to prepare animation of objects and furniture without a nifscope. Almost all animators with whom I spoke sit on LL (they are not interested in anything except aaf) and they use the 2015-2020 max. They have no official tools. Because all the ready-made havok animation packages were made before the official plugins appeared. They can do nothing without nifskop. ) Edited by South8028

The animation is started by the engine, by the sequence name. If you watch the door animation tutorial you'll notice it uses Open and Close sequence names (that works for door and activator records), the game will automatically use those sequences.

The only other animation I used is the one that automatically starts, you can deduce how to do that by checking the sequence name in the rotating sing that is used on top of the doctor place in Diamond city.

If you want to use more complex gamebryo animations you would need to use papyrus to start the sequence whenever you need it, you would need to pass the sequence name to PlayGamebryoAnimation.

ymigzc.jpg

Edited by DieFeM

The animation is started by the engine, by the sequence name. If you watch the door animation tutorial you'll notice it uses Open and Close sequence names (that works for door and activator records), the game will automatically use those sequences.

The only other animation I used is the one that automatically starts, you can deduce how to do that by checking the sequence name in the rotating sing that is used on top of the doctor place in Diamond city.

If you want to use more complex gamebryo animations you would need to use papyrus to start the sequence whenever you need it, you would need to pass the sequence name to PlayGamebryoAnimation.

Â

ymigzc.jpg

Super. Excellent. I'm going to look for this nif. Yes, I have several tutorials explaining how to run animations with scripts and annotations for havok. I think I'll figure it out eventually. I just have no experience with papyrus (more precisely, I have a psychological rejection for such highly specialized and useless for everything else, except for this game, scripts). But there is also a moment. All animations that run without scripts and do not require any additional actions in ck have bsBehaviorGraphData. Directly in nif. It is in plugins and looks like some kind of patcher. But what exactly and how to patch them is not clear.