creation of water, rays of light and effects in 3d max.

Yeah, I just tested a scaling animation myself and it worked on my first try. I must have learned a few things since the last time I tried it.

Â

Do you mean you've found Havok materials and animations pertaining to animating objects for FO4 and not just characters or creatures? The only tutorials I've ever found for FO4 focused mainly on character animation. Maybe I was looking in the wrong places.

Â

Judging by the awesome animations in your video, it seems like you can animate just about anything for FO4. I looked at your other videos as well and your light beams in this one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFdhVrzPAXA&t=71s) seem to do everything that the ones on the disco ball do. Are you using point lights or addon nodes because at 1:25 it sure looks like the beams are casting lights. What is it you want to be able to do differently? Do you want information on how to use Nifskope because I'm sure there's nothing I can tell you about what I do in 3Ds Max that you don't already know.?

Â

Really, really great work, BTW.Â

Oh no, you are probably wrong. The beams of the searchlights are not mine. I just changed the scale of the rays and lights. The spotlights themselves were initially plucked from the singing settlers. My only laser projectors, the ones with thin, multi-colored beams. But they do not have light, they are just textures with a glow and an alpha channel (bsEffectFx - bgem material) stretched over thin meshes. It is the rapidly changing scale that controls the blinking. Your work is much more detailed and the quality of the rays is hundreds of times better.

I think ChuckYufarley's spotlight or other lighting animation could be useful in making a working lighthouse for the game. For example, create a  fresnel lens for inside the lighthouse, attach the lights to it, setup the respective rotations, maybe add in a fog horn sound for effect

To begin with, I would like to understand how to make light, rays, a light spot with a shadow ... All these things at an elementary, vanilla level. If you know the mechanics, then what difference does it make what exactly to do. You can do whatever you want.

• 4 weeks later...

It's taken me a while to complete the tutorial, but here it is.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fNRFO4ylL3DctgtwtDgmAgLIjOxl6-Yu/view?usp=sharing

It's rather long. I included as much information as I could. If you have any questions, let me know.

I too would like to express my gratitude. More coffee and good good reading and studying ahead. Thanks for taking the time and putting this together. Padawans, like myself, will value from it.

It may come in handy ... I have mastered the animation of modifiers and controllers for fo4. This is easy to do. Export animated meshes to fbx with the "animation" checkbox checked and import back. The animation is baked on import. Imported fbx contains ready-made animation of modifiers, particles, controllers. It can now be assigned sequence, assigned materials, added collisions and exported to NIF. All animation will be preserved. So you can create water, conveyors, smoke and all that.

Edited by South8028

It may come in handy ... I have mastered the animation of modifiers and controllers for fo4. This is easy to do. Export animated meshes to fbx with the "animation" checkbox checked and import back. The animation is baked on import. Imported fbx contains ready-made animation of modifiers, particles, controllers. It can now be assigned sequence, assigned materials, added collisions and exported to NIF. All animation will be preserved. So you can create water, conveyors, smoke and all that.

That is lovely. I see the waving flag (e.g. FlagWavingMinutemen01.nif) is using bone data and a controller manager.

Do you happen to know if that is created using the Havok plugin or something? or is it possible to do with transform animation.

I am trying trying to create a windsock but my animation attempts have failed so far

https://airportwindsocks.com/images/categories/011.JPG

https://youtu.be/yrn1-vbMc_U

That is lovely. I see the waving flag (e.g. FlagWavingMinutemen01.nif) is using bone data and a controller manager.

Do you happen to know if that is created using the Havok plugin or something? or is it possible to do with transform animation.

I am trying trying to create a windsock but my animation attempts have failed so far

Â

https://airportwindsocks.com/images/categories/011.JPG

Â

Â

I've seen several custom flags with bones. They definitely have havok data. But I don't think it's impossible to make them like the gamebryo sequence. You just need to choose the right controller in the 3d max video tutorials. You can try regular Noise. Snap the mesh to the spline and make it twitch randomly "in the wind". The same method as lightning are made. Then bake in the same way through export / import in fbx and hang on a simple specialIdle sequence.