creation of water, rays of light and effects in 3d max.

Maybe we should petition you to make some tutorials, since you have mastered the animation of modifiers and controllers.ÃÃÃÂ ÃÃÃÂ

I'm not that against it, but in fact I understand this less than you. ) You probably did not understand what I meant. We discussed before with Chuck that the animations of modifiers and controllers were not written to nifs. Only simple mesh manipulations were recorded. He said that animations for modifiers, motion controllers and particles should be baked.

Usually scripts are used for this, respectively, bethesda used some kind of hkt script or its own for this case. But it turned out that there is an easier way. I described it.

For example, you made an animation using the motion/"path constraint" controller, like in this treadmill. This controller is often used to animate tank tracks. If you just save such a nif, the animation on it will not work in the game, because the controller is not supported by the engine.

Therefore, you need to bake it. Convert all data to mesh motion. To do this, we export this animation to fbx and then import it back. All data from controllers, modifiers and particles will be converted in data helpers. This animation will now become a normal mesh animation, retaining the manipulation of controllers and modifiers in this normal animation.

Accordingly, such an animation will already be recorded in the nif. Which can be seen in my treadmill animation.

I apologize again for my English. Poor knowledge of English is my main problem. )

Edited by South8028

Maybe we should petition you to make some tutorials, since you have mastered the animation of modifiers and controllers.ÃÃÃÂ ÃÃÃÂ

I'm not that against it, but in fact I understand this less than you. ) You probably did not understand what I meant. We discussed before with Chuck that the animations of modifiers and controllers were not written to nifs. Only simple mesh manipulations were recorded. He said that animations for modifiers, motion controllers and particles should be baked.

Usually scripts are used for this, respectively, bethesda used some kind of hkt script or its own for this case. But it turned out that there is an easier way. I described it.

For example, you made an animation using the motion/"path constraint" controller, like in this treadmill. This controller is often used to animate tank tracks. If you just save such a nif, the animation on it will not work in the game, because the controller is not supported by the engine.

Therefore, you need to bake it. Convert all data to mesh motion. To do this, we export this animation to fbx and then import it back. All data from controllers, modifiers and particles will be converted in data helpers. This animation will now become a normal mesh animation, retaining the manipulation of controllers and modifiers in this normal animation.

Accordingly, such an animation will already be recorded in the nif. Which can be seen in my treadmill animation.

I apologize again for my English. Poor knowledge of English is my main problem. )

> Therefore, you need to bake it. Convert all data to mesh motion. To do this, we export this animation to fbx and then import it back.

That is interesting. Thanks to TroiKamikaZetan, https://www.reddit.com/r/FalloutMods/comments/hzixj7/fo4since_i_found_the_way_to_create_a_custom/ I was able to export particle effects like Array, Spray, Snow. Maybe baking and exporting to a fbx will make PF Source work too. I am going to try this next.

ÃÃÂ

Maybe we should petition you to make some tutorials, since you have mastered the animation of modifiers and controllers.ÃÃÃÃÃÃÂ ÃÃÃÃÃÃÂ

ÃÃÂ

> Therefore, you need to bake it. Convert all data to mesh motion. To do this, we export this animation to fbx and then import it back.

ÃÃÂ

That is interesting. Thanks to TroiKamikaZetan, https://www.reddit.com/r/FalloutMods/comments/hzixj7/fo4since_i_found_the_way_to_create_a_custom/ I was able to export particle effects like Array, Spray, Snow. Maybe baking and exporting to a fbx will make PF Source work too. I am going to try this next.

No, it won't. It doesn't work with particles. The particles first need to be transformed into geometry in some way in order for them to turn into animation. Probably from Max's point of view, this is actually just one particle. It is exported to the helper set. In general, particles have their own system in plugins, I'll try to figure it out. I was able to make a super spray, but regular spray doesn't work. More precisely, it appears in the render ck as a set of animated planes the size of its helper. Probably, you need to make a mesh in the form of a "jet" and root a particle on it? Edited by South8028

Thanks to the ChuckYufarley tutorial, I finally managed to figure it out with bsConnectPoint. Before that, I saw articles, and they are all delusional, with a bunch of unnecessary, incomprehensible actions. Chuck's copying examples explained much better than the articles about anchor points, even though Chuck didn't say a word about them. )