Tommy Gun

Alceister

anyway im sick of all these real world conversions... cmon cant you come up with your own designs? i mean i have nothing gainst real weapons and prolly would use em but its annoying me abit that there is not one single original request for somin new... just hundreds of tommies, m4s and i dunno what else... heck every game has these... i want somin new! gratz to those modders that create their own designs... really appreciated

So are you bitching out other modders who convert real world weapons or people requesting real world weapons? You do know this is a request thread? So because you might be sick of them, everyone else has to be too?

If you want something new, good for you. You're taking the steps to see it happen instead of waiting for someone else to do it for you. That's no reason to rain on other people's work or to disrespect other people's opinions/wishes when they do want a modern weapon in their Fallout 3 experience.

Now now...lets play nice. he is merely stateing his oppinion which is totally his right to do. he's not bitching he's just expressing his own oppion. so please take it down a notch I dont want you starting a flameing arguement just because you decided to be nasty in your response to him not likeing the conversions. we are entitled to our own oppion and he just decided to share his which is totally cool.

As for our own weapons. I would actually like to see more of those now that you mention it. I mean theres lots of garbage all over fallout 3. hammers, wrenches, meatl cooking pots, etc. More schematic and "home made" weapons should be around. so Rabidwargamer theres an idea for you. maybe you could make something. or even a garbage crafted tommy gun.

It's important to be creative and accepting of others ideas. so both of ya lets not flame eh?

Now then I downloaded the weapons pack. I liked it. I thought the tommy gun was a bit big though. what might be a good idea is if someone could take the Tommy gun model from "The Godfather" game and just make it a little bigger. cause I remember that tommy gun looked good but it was tiny... the trick would be try to make it fit inside of a guitar case. thats the size it should be so that it can fit inside one of them. So thats what I would do. I would go look for a real guitar case. take some pictures of it standing up right for size. or take pictures of a real tommy gun from all angles and sculpt it perfectly. of course I dont have that modder talent :P

im bitching on noone here dude... calm down lol and neither do i suggest everyone else has to think like i do im just stating my opinion whilst also giving tips on what can be done and what not... a foregrip is more or less out of sight atm

i dunno how you come to see me "raining down" on other modders at all lol... but nevertheless its a fact that recreation of existing stuff is boring for most modders and shows no design skill at all... dont imitate, inovate!

but yes from a user point of view a tommy gun is a nice thing as it really looks neat and fits the game

@keallo

lol we posted same time

thx for the fair defence :)

and ya i think thats the right step - come up with a tommy gun like weapon made from scrap (its an easy to make gun afterall) - the guitar/cello/bigviolin case could be carried on the back even by using the backpack system of the minigun for example

im bitching on noone here dude... calm down lol and neither do i suggest everyone else has to think like i do im just stating my opinion whilst also giving tips on what can be done and what not... a foregrip is more or less out of sight atm

i dunno how you come to see me "raining down" on other modders at all lol... but nevertheless its a fact that recreation of existing stuff is boring for most modders and shows no design skill at all... dont imitate, inovate!

but yes from a user point of view a tommy gun is a nice thing as it really looks neat and fits the game

@keallo

lol we posted same time

thx for the fair defence :)

and ya i think thats the right step - come up with a tommy gun like weapon made from scrap (its an easy to make gun afterall) - the guitar/cello/bigviolin case could be carried on the back even by using the backpack system of the minigun for example

Hey yeah no problem. It's always good to let out your oppinions and feelings and I gave suggestions for both parties ones that like real world conversions and ones that want to see something new. hell the topic it self is basiclly "I want a tommy gun". such a vaugue idea... why not expand on it to many different reaches?

Hell I love the tommy gun right now I got a character. he's a ghoul I modled him after Italian gangsters only he's more psychotic weapon of choice is Tommy Gun and a pistol. kind of made him the guy who no one wants to mess with. theres something really special about a tommy gun that says "I have money and power...and if you dont like it ill f*ck you up" =P.

Of course back to the mod idea at hand...the guitar case is a good idea. unfortunatley no purpose. I think in order to get that to work. there needs to be a mod where when your in settlements you will be asked to unequip your gun. the guitar case could serve as a stealthy way of keeping the weapon equipped. or even have a guitar case as just a special chest with a tommy gun in it.

Now I really like the "Pimp My gun" series...hey didnt you make that JaYSuS? I think you did...but those are a good series. like the textures and everything. personally im happy with the tommy gun from the weapons pack... I think it needs a retexture and resize. I also think it needs to fix some animations. like when it goes on your back its turned at this weird angle that makes it look retarded. anyway yeah dont worry you earned the defense by speaking your mind and hopefully we can get some more ideas to expand upon for a tommy gun.

Archived