Detect Life On Target

Floordan

Okay, so I have an idea for a mod, and would like some opinions on how to put it together.

Basically, what I want to do is have a lesser power that, when an enemy is hit with it, causes a detect life effect on that enemy alone for X amount of seconds.

Basically it would be an enemy tagging system.

I want to make this myself, this isn't a disguised mod request, I'm just not sure how to go about it. Would anyone be able to set me on the right track?

I gather I'd need to use a projectile style shout such as throw voice, and change the impact effects so that, when an actor is hit, they have the detect life effect added to them?

I don't know.

You can duplicate the detect life effect, change Delivery to Aimed or Target Actor, change Casting type to Fire and forget, set the projectile you want (only if you choose Aimed) and set the Area to 0 (if you want it to affect 1 target only). Make a new spell and add the magic effect.

You can duplicate the detect life effect, change Delivery to Aimed or Target Actor, change Casting type to Fire and forget, set the projectile you want (only if you choose Aimed) and set the Area to 0 (if you want it to affect 1 target only). Make a new spell and add the magic effect.

Thank you so much

To be honest I'm not very good at this. There are a whole bunch of different detect life effects, and I want this to affect enemies universally. Do I just pick the four interior and exterior ones?

Okay, I have it working at a very fundamental level. However, as it fires an invisible projectile, I need to know how to modify the speed of the projectile so that it will essentially hit what you're looking at within the split second you activate the power

Is this possible?

Edited by Floordan

Projectile is only enabled if you set Delivery to Aimed, otherwise, the spell hit instantly. If you want the spell to fire a projectile, first you need to set Delivery to Aimed, then go to Special Effect tab, choose Projectile branch. Duplicate any projectile you want, set the speed to whatever you want. Then change the Projectile section in the magic effect to it.