Bound sword as an equip item

Briuce1996

Took a quick look at the mods available, True Bound Weapons basically summons a weightless, worthless weapon into your inventory, but you cannot enchant or sharpen them. I'm not really sure how sharpening would work though? I don't think you can make it take a different soulgem as it gets sharper, but if you had graded conjured weapons, perhaps each grade could require a stronger gem (So basically: Petty, Lesser, Common, Greater, and Grand Bound Weapons). If you went that route, you might as well make it its own smithable, costing the soulgem and requiring knowledge of the spell to make.

Since Bound Weapons are conjured through magic, it would make sense to require Arcane Smithing to sharpen them regardless of enchantments, if possible.

Unfortunately the conjuration perks are applied via an enchantment, meaning you can't have be both enchantable and have conj perk bonuses.

Is it possible to have "Bound" as a material and for the perks to effect that material instead of acting as an enchantment?

Unfortunately the conjuration perks are applied via an enchantment, meaning you can't have be both enchantable and have conj perk bonuses.

not without overhauling how the perks apply their effects, which would make it incompatible with other mods.

Ive also created recipes to simply craft a bound battleaxe, but it seems to get removed from the inventory instantly and i can't find any scripts causing it, so it might be hardcoded.

Ok i made a craftable bound battleaxe. It's inventory art is invisible, buy you can still see it's text and enchant. While equipped it's invisible while sheathed, which actually looks really cool drawing and sheathing in third person and doesn't matter for first person, unless an npc gets a hold of one i guess.

Im gonna take a closer look at the enchants to see if i can find a work around, but even the visuals for it are tied to the specific enchant.