NPC won't cross cell boundary

I'm adapting an old mod for my own use, but I can't get an NPC's AI package to work. She's supposed to walk down a jetty, board a ship, enter the stern cabin and go to sleep. When she gets part-way down the jetty, however, she gets stuck in a loop and just paces up and down. It seems to be happening at the boundary between two exterior cells. I've checked the path grid and that's fine. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Check for the yellow connecting line between nav nodes in the CS. Can't exactly recall if it's Ctrl left click or Alt left click to join unconnected nodes (not at my gaming computer for a couple more days).

I remembered after posting this question that I gave a vanilla NPC a new AI package, and she has no difficulty crossing the boundary in either direction. The path grid nodes are definitely joined. I'll take a look at the video tomorrow as I need to take a break due to feeling like this: :wallbash: Thanks for the advice.

Edited by zymurgy65

Another thing to consider is how the game parses the package list ... from top to bottom. Only use flags (Must Complete etc) as your tests prove are required. Conditions can also be another avenue for the AI getting confused.

Here is a tutorial for Skyrim CK. It explains all navmesh but what you want starts around 21:30. Hopefully it is similar in Oblivion.

Oblivion doesn't have navmeshes, this isn't applicable

Well, that explains why I wasn't able to find any info on them.