Night Of Tears mod

Medtech

Hello everyone.

I will like to apologize beforehand for every spelling and syntax error I make in this (and every other post of mine),english is not my native language so please be patient with me.

This is an idea that has been running in my head for a couple of months.

A mod that takes place in the skyrim past,following the distruction of Saarthal.

According to lore Saarthal was destroyed in a sudden and merciless attack by the Snow Elves,the city burned to the ground,its Nordic population butchered and only Ysgramor and his two sons allegedly managed to escape alive.

But what if there was another survivor,a young man/woman that although is heavily wounded,manages to live through the ordeal,is perhaps rescued by another Nord,gets healed and now has several options

a)to try to simple survive in an extremely hostile enviroment (especially with a race of humanoids actively hunting his/her kind)

b)find out what happened during that night,what made the elves attack the humans (possible implication of the eye of Magnus here,or it could be just a case of species antagonism or even both) and either get his/her revenge on the perpetrators (which will take a series of quests in order to get strong enough,gain allies that will fight alongside him,get better weapons with the help of a certain dragonpriest...) or maybe try to flee to Atmora (another set of sidequests in order to get passage to a ship.Maybe the protagonist has to have a ship made since the elves have destroyed every nordid ship in the land).

So you can have a mainquest that can be triggered anytime and also free gameplay with sidequests (for example befriending surviving Nords and doing favors to them,protecting them from elven patrols,rescuing missing members,killling dangerous animals monsters that threaten them,bringing supplies etc).

In my vision the mod has a high amount of realism.I would like to see the protagonist struggle to survive,to be affected by the cold,the hunger,the thirst and the lack of rest/sleep.He/she will have to search for food,for drink,for selter and must be very wary of the wild animals (especially big predators like bears and sabbertooths) and monsters that roam the land.Because enemies will not be level scaled and you will not be able to kill a bear with ease at level 1 or 4 or 10...

I would like to keep the leveling system of oblivion (skills level up as you practice them).They will be trainers to help you get better but it will be also a slow prosess and will always demand a favor first...

What races will roam the land.

Atmorans ,(that is the ancient nords),Snow Mers/Falmer (snow elves),dwemer (neutral in the conflict,seen only underground and can be raided or traided with for resources).

The name of the land will ofcourse be MERETH and not Skyrim and will cover more or less the ground that modern Skyrim occupies.

There should be great contrast between the rustic/primitive Atmorans and the elegant Snow Mers (snow elves) in everything the buildings,the furniture,the clothes,the armor and weapons,means of transport etc and ofcourse the Mer will have an air of superiority when reffering to Atmorans while the now hunted Atmorans will express hate alongside with shock ("how did those advanced culturally/superior/elegant people made such a brutal attack against us?")

The modder resources.

Well roaming the oblivion modders resourses and models and textures I saw that we already have everything we need:

The landmass (there are two mods that recreate Tamriel,one can be modified in the skyrim region).

The landscapes (there are skyrim landscapes created for Under the Sign of the Dragon Tamriel Heigtmap).

The resources for buildings,fortifications,armor,clothes,means of transport etc are all here as well.Nordic mods can be used for the Atmorans and Ayelid mods can be used for the Snow Mers.Also there are dwemer mods.(for example dwemer spiders,centurions,armor etc).

Also we have mods for prehistoric animals like mammoths,mods for new skyrim monsters like giants etc.

I know ofcourse that this would be a huge project nevertheless.

I am just putting the idea forward...

Edited by Medtech

• 1 year later...

Alright, I was thinking the same thing for Skyrim. What happened to your idea? Did you do anything about it?

My first thought was to remove all structures in the Skyrim world space and raise the land where winterhold lay.

Then I have to build Sarthaal and populate the surrounding area.

All original NPCs must be erased and new ones created.

/Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, I was thinking the same thing for Skyrim. What happened to your idea? Did you do anything about it?

My first thought was to remove all structures in the Skyrim world space and raise the land where winterhold lay.

Then I have to build Sarthaal and populate the surrounding area.

All original NPCs must be erased and new ones created.

/Dave

Not much Dave.I gathered resources (nordic,elven,dwemer),organised them,wrote some dialog then I slowly gave up.I simply did not have the time to learn scripting and my old pc was too old to handle the burden of CS when landscaping.Still it is a cool idea and offers opportunity not just for mindless hack and slash,but also for some philosofical thinking (who was morraly right it the conflict?) and also an attemp to answer the question of what caused the Falmer to attack so brutally.I hope you make it.I am focusing on another mod as I wrote to you in a pm

Right now I am slowly focusing on another mod