Am i the only one?

Nodtveidt

I'm with most of the others. I like the idea of a follower, especially as a mage. However, I usually am so frustrated with being blocked in rooms I've just searched, or having the follower rush ahead and block my shot/spell (and then yell at ME when they get hit) that I tend to stay away from them as much as possible.

In all the 100's of hours that i played Skyrim on the console and PC. i've never but really never had a follower, they are annoying and

Always blocking my way, and what's your opinion of this guys?

nah you not the only one i ve played without followers for a long time and still mostly do with a few exeptions

just the fact that they can not jump over treelogs or jump off low cliffs when they are following you and make a grand detour alone annoyed me

one time ireally got so annoyed when farkas was just standing there looking foolish while 5 silverhands where kicking my ass back to whiterun time and time again i stoped using followers

only now and then i use them some mods do help alot to make them useable but they are not mandatory

and i prefer the lone wolf adventurer type

I played Oblivion with a companion and there were some that were a bit frustrating, but others worked quite well, and I was sort of used to having a follower when I started Skyrim. I think the first follower I tried was Lydia who lasted maybe 5 minutes and then later I tried Mjoll who, only because she had at least some varied conversation, lasted maybe 10 minutes.

I think the followers in Skyrim were deliberately programmed to be the most annoying, stupid, frustrating and useless things in any game any where at any time because there is no way they could be as bad as they are by accident.

Only one companion works without being so annoying and its from a mod - Vilja.