Moonshadow Elves

sludgebomber

For a race mod you should be able to just take the package from NV Nexus and plop it right into your Fo3 game. So long as there aren't any drops (clothing or items placed in game world locations) and the Geck is the same between both games, in theory it should work as is.

I actually just tried that, but the race doesn't show up in the character creation screen if you install the NV mod as is. I'm wondering if it has something to do with dependencies, since NV uses FalloutNV.esm and FO3 uses Fallout3.esm. Again, though, my understanding of mods is limited so I could be wrong about this.

• 1 year later...

you have to take the file maps and build a new mod I don't think I can post my esp here sorry but says we can't redistribute or modify it and do so and the person who made the orignal mod won't tell me what skin he used to

Edited by chet

It's not that hard to do. Open the NV file in Wrye Bash for Fallout 3, it will complain about the file header, don't pay attention to it, click in the panel on the right where the master files are, Wrye will change the fallout NV to fallout, click save.

Next, open the file in FO3Edit and replace the header version 1.x from falloutnv to 0.940000, exit and save.

Next, copy the data files from the NV mod to your fallout data directory

Next, start a new game or open the race menu in console and select the moonshadow elves, and done.

Since it's just a race mod it will work like I described, for weapon mods or armor mods there's more to it though, a lot more.

Edited by Billy1969