Custom mannequins requesting assistance

Galadreal

Hello.

I am very new to Modding, only been doing it for a couple of week. I never found a house that had exactly what I wanted, so I decided to make my own.

I am almost done, I made custom male and female mannequins, and put them in an armory, one for each vanilla piece of armor in the game, along with weapon raks behind them, and then I ran into the dreaded "Mannequins facing north don't work right" problem, so I turned everyone towards the door...which looks creepy as hell walking in and being stared at with those dead eyes.

Anyway, before I turned them I was getting the option to talk to all the mannequins. I went in and copied the scripts from the normal vanialla wooden guys and I believe all of the settings are the same (except for race). Can anyone give me an idea of how to fix this, or am I just going to have to delete them all and start from scratch? It was several hours doing them all since I did not use copy paste, but if I screwed up I will have to. I was just wondering what ideas anyone else might have, or if anyone else had run into this kind of problem.

Since I turned them, some of them have lost the activate ability completely, which is really annoying.

Thanks!

i came across this in a house mod once. It was a while ago, and my memory isn't great, but I think the fix was to do the following:

turning the non-working mannequins 45deg off the direction you want

leave the Xmarker in the proper original direction

it should sort itself out in game.

i came across this in a house mod once. It was a while ago, and my memory isn't great, but I think the fix was to do the following:

turning the non-working mannequins 45deg off the direction you want

leave the Xmarker in the proper original direction

it should sort itself out in game.

That is great. Thank you! Do you think that will fix the talk option, or just the north facing problem?

They are both annoying as hell, and I will be glad to get rid of either one of them. My other thought was to make a duplicate of the original game manniquin and edit it to replace the ones I put in...in retrospect I should have done that in the first place, but hindsite is 20/20 and all that.

Thanks again. I will try once I get home from work tonight.

A few things here (which I learned when playing with a custom script from making waterstone as well as trying to get the mannequins to work for dozens of hours in the creation kit:)

To stop the talk issue, it's a simple matter of selecting the mannequin in the creation kit, and selecting the bound box button. Make the box a bit bigger than the mannequin but make sure your activator is pulled in front of the bound box so you can actually select the mannequin in question.

Secondly, when testing any and all changes to a mannequin, you need a save which has not yet activated any scripts in your house. This is aggrevating but ensures you are getting an accurate experience with your mannequins.

Third, I am not sure how many mannequins you have in a single room but the most that you can make stable is right around ten in a single roombound. If you are going to be putting a multitude of mannequins in a vault you need to put no more than say 12 in a roombound at a time or they will attempt to wander and change thier pose. Also make sure each mannequin is on it's own navmesh.

Lastly, if you have not encountered this problem allready, you may have an issue with your stuff not being equiped on the mannequins when you leave and enter the vault. Make sure the box for each piece of the mannequin: the mannequin itself, the activator, and the Marker is not checked to respawn. I did the extra step of making the room set to never respawn as well.

I *think* that covers it.