Help! Skyrim crashes on boot!

MasterEraqus

So, I just started using BOSS to organise my mods better, and now Skyrim crashes after the screen that says Bethesda. Like, it'll flash the Skyrim logo on the main menu, but then crash. I've heard this is a common occurrence with load order problems, but I can't for the life of me find the problem (I have a lot of mods...)! So,

1) Is there any way to post my load order without just typing them all out? I have over 255 mods (many are inactive, but idk if that matters or not, I've been able to play with over 255 mods including inactive ones).

2) After I post the load order, if anyone could help find the problem that'd be fantastic!

3) And finally, is there any way to get around the 255 mod limit by bundling mods? For example, you can get all of hothtrooper's armour in a compilation mod, could I mod all of my weapon mods together by myself, and how would I do that?

Thanks so much for any help you can give! And as soon as I figure out how to post load order, I'll do that! :)

Well your problem is probably that you have conflicting mods. Try to remember what mods you installed recently and when the error started happening from there start to disable the mods. Keep disabling until you find the mod that's causing the crash. If doing that doesn't help then your going to have to disable all of the mods and then enable say 50 of them and see if that works. if you crash then its one of those 50 if you don't then keep adding mods, but take it slow so you don't have to do it again. Before you start to enable all of them again try launching the game without any mods just to make sure that works.

CTD at the logo screen is almost always a mod dependency issue. Run BOSS to order all of your plugins, then load all the plugins in TES5Edit. The plugin that causes TES5Edit to stop loading and bounces an error message is the plugin that is missing a (or more) master.

Common fix for Skyrim CTD @ Bootup

• Change your Sound Settings Control Panel->Sound->Manage Audio Devices->Speakers and Headphones->Properties->Advanced | Change it to 24bit 48000HZ (Studio Quality)
  • Delete BOTH your Skyrimpref.ini and Skyrim.ini (BE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!)
  • ALWAYS UPDATE your outdated Mods . Also a common problem. Use NMM to figure it out.
  • Use TES5EDIT to clean those dirty mods in your Skyrim (See Cleaning Tutorial FIRST!)
  • Use BOSS to sort and order out your loaded Plugins |.esm and .esp files|
Edited by xSkyrimNexusCandy