simple as possible dismemberment mod

abysswolf

yes something very simple not much scripting involved... for those who doesn't know how to get DR or UV working/ can't get them working for any reason

i understand it takes some scripting

but idk... it was worth the shot

and you guys are a great community :biggrin:

plus there is Duke Patrick's combat mod that is very good but lacks of gore... also there are several japanese made combat systems that also rule but lack of gore...

Edited by abysswolf

well i don't do it myself becauase i don't handle the languaje that's needed for making scripts on TES Creation kit... but as i know of UNREALSCRIPT and UDK it could be done by making a responce to a critical hit on a certain hit box...

for example

if,
VERY CRIT HIT 80% or more damage
in.
left arm hitbox
then.
sever it from body, make it a separate object (just like what happens with skeletons when you hit them)

The big problem is that Oblivion doesn't have separate hitboxes for arms, legs, head etc... Anything like that would have to be a scripted approximation, which naturally requires a lot of scripting, testing and adjusting.

from stuff I've see there wouldn't be much of a way to do without some sort of heavy modding of which is out of my league atm, that being said

keep making request it helps to inspire ideas, and you never know you might get someone to work on it and help you learn. So far that's worked for me. I know it seems that unless a request is about skimp cloth is doesn't get filled, but I found that not quite the case sometimes...

simply put it is a request section and not the post it here so you get told to do it you self section.

Edited by ElderScrollsFan001

So you want someone else to make this for you, instead of learning to do it yourself?

yeah specially when i am a better 3d modeller than you.. prick... never entered a gamedev studio and you are trying to get smart with me... go learn a bit before messing with the big boys honey...

and for the other, civilized people, that answered my thread... well.. i tought it was simple i quess that type of tech wasnt implemented for gamebryo at that time... i tought that it was possible like it is in UDK...

Edited by abysswolf

So you want someone else to make this for you, instead of learning to do it yourself?

yeah specially when i am a better 3d modeller than you.. prick... never entered a gamedev studio and you are trying to get smart with me... go learn a bit before messing with the big boys honey...

and for the other, civilized people, that answered my thread... well.. i tought it was simple i quess that type of tech wasnt implemented for gamebryo at that time... i tought that it was possible like it is in UDK...

What does our relative 3D modeling experience have to do with anything? In case you didn't notice, I'm actually trying to learn how to do stuff, instead of sitting around asking people to do it for me.

I also had enough experience to know that what you were asking for isn't even remotely simple, which is why the only mods that do it are huge complex things like UV and DeadlyReflex.

You started by saying it was "very simple with little scripting necessary" when you clearly had no idea whatsoever what you were talking about.

Also I don't see what UDK has to do with anything because thats an entirely different game engine with no connection to Gamebryo at all.

Edited by Nephenee13

well some people learn by put up a request and asking for help and then asking question beside what is the request section for. It's all in good fun..

i kinda looked into to this it look like you have to make a whole new body that can fall a part like a skeleton and do the scripting that was mention by just to make sure it acts right and doesn't ramondy fall aprt....however with the engin i can see that being quite buggy

there's a mod called deadly reflexes that has a bit of dismemberment i think that might be something to look into

Edited by ElderScrollsFan001

got a link to your professional portfolio? I'd like to take a gander. Edited by nekronom12