akimbo pistols?

mathgenocide

i'm a big fan of dual wield weapons so are alot of other people but yet still no one has created dual wield guns i'm sure its possible because the first person animation for brass knuckles gives me hope that its possible its just a matter of someone with the skill to do something like that. a simple pair of s and w 1911s would be so awesome or some desert eagles with weight acomidators (boondock saints reference) its just something that would make fallout really cool to have dual wield guns i mean if someone does decide to try please do pistols or something of the sort i'd hate to see someone make a mod of dual wield fatmans or something just as rediculious

• 10 months later...
I don't think it's possible. Brass knuckles is a melee animation. Well if you had new animations you could have dual wield maybe

I have an idea. 'chain' the second gun to the idle hand.

It will involve new animations, nor is it a perfect workaround. My suggestion is that the weapon's .nif will be one single weapon entity with a blank space in between. each hand will then be animated to shoot (maybe only one will pull the trigger both would be brought 'up'.
silencers if muzzle flash wont go off on other weapons- I think for moving bolts we could do the same thing, chain the bolt of the second gun to the first's.

The reload would be mags dropping to ground, then the player ramming the butt of the pistol grip on his hips / belt (dual wielding would require that some speedy handsfree reloading system be devised.

GECK stats could be adjusted so it's firing 2 rounds at a higher scatter.