Random CTD's

MagiKarpLover

(Hello, I'm pretty new here, so pointers would be appreciated as i go through this :smile:)

First of all, I'll go through my problems, random CTD's, can happen during any point. I checked BOSS and here's the result

The warning's from SkyTEST about Animal spawns in Hearthfire on house locations, I also have several "Dity Edits" and was recommended to clean using TES5Edit, but I didn't do it because I don't want to edit things I'm not familliar with, also, I recall one of the mod developers warning not to clean his mod with it, due to the fact that his files weren't dirty - but were labelled as such. (Sorry, I'm getting side-tracked)

I haven't fiddled around with these things much (I've used SKSE,NMM, BOSS and Wrye, to install and setup (and've regurarely checked load order, warnings, etc) I haven't fiddled around with the files though)

Also, something that appears to have come with this is also the infinite loading screen, it happens (Sometimes) when loading a save that's close to the moment of CTD.

My computer is more than capable of handling Skyrim, but could these CTD's be memory related?

Anyways, here's a few screenshots:(Zooming's a good idea)

Load Order: (Imported from Wrye Smash/Bash)

00 Skyrim.esm
01 Update.esm
02 Dawnguard.esm
03 HearthFires.esm
04 Dragonborn.esm
05 ApachiiHair.esm
06 AzarHair.esm
07 RaceCompatibility.esm
08 Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
09 ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
0A SPIKE.esm
0B Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp [Version 1.3.2c]
0C Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp [Version 1.2.3]
0D Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp [Version 1.1.1]
0E Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp [Version 1.0.4]
0F Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp [Version 1.1.2]
10 Better Dynamic Snow.esp
11 ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp
12 Warmer Magic Lights v2.esp
13 Warmer Magic Lights v2 - White.esp
14 Warmer Magic Lights v2 - White - Big.esp
15 Warmer Magic Lights v2 - Big.esp
16 StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
17 StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp
18 Economics of Skyrim.esp
19 Economics of Skyrim - Dawnguard.esp
1A 83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.esp
1B AK- Boethiah Alternate.esp
1C AK- Buyable Paintings and Pictures.esp
1D ApachiiHelmetWigs.esp
1E Birdsofskyrim.esp
1F Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
20 Chesko_WearableLantern_Guards.esp
21 Chesko_WearableLantern_Candle_DG.esp
22 Chesko_WearableLantern_Caravaner.esp
23 Dual Sheath Redux.esp
24 ImprovedFishBASIC.esp
25 MVABasic.esp
26 Painting In Skyrim.esp
27 Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
28 Unique BOOZE Bottles.esp
29 RaceMenu.esp
2A RaceMenuPlugin.esp
2B SkyUI.esp
2C Cloaks.esp
2D Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
2E DHuntress.esp
2F Dread Huntress Armor.esp
30 FlameAtronachArmor.esp
31 FullBootForKKSA.esp
32 Remodeled Armor.esp
33 Remodeled Armor - Dawnguard.esp
34 skyforgedShields.esp
35 Spriggan Armor 2.esp
36 ViceroyInquisitor.esp
37 Dr_Bandolier.esp
38 Dr_BandolierDG.esp
39 BandolierForNPCMasterFile.esp [Version 4.0]
3A BandolierForNPCsCloaksOfSkyrim.esp
3B BandolierForNPCsCheaperBandoliersDawnguard.esp
3C Hunting in Skyrim.esp
3D Inconsequential NPCs.esp
3E YourMarketStall.esp
3F 360WalkandRunPlus-RunBackwardSpeedAdjust.esp
40 AchieveThat.esp
41 Babette.esp
42 Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
43 NonEssentialChildren.esp
44 SkaalKidAetaCoat.esp
45 SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp
46 SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dawnguard.esp
47 SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dragonborn.esp
48 dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
49 dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
4A Open Cities Skyrim.esp [Version 1.0]
4B OCS + Hearthfire Patch.esp [Version 1.0]
4C OCS + Dragonborn.esp [Version 1.1.1]
4D EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
4E ELFX - Exteriors.esp
4F ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
50 ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp
51 ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-4.esp
52 ELFXEnhancer.esp
53 dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
54 MasterTheTimeAndSpaceTOGGLE.esp
55 DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
56 DeadlySpellImpacts - Two Fire.esp
57 dovahkiinrelax.esp
58 ForgottenMagic.esp
59 DragonCombatOverhaul.esp
5A The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
5B kuerteeSkillBasedDamageMultipliers.esp
5C vImmersiveBeds.esp
5D AzarHair.esp
5E Brows.esp
5F TheEyesOfBeauty.esp [Version 8]
60 XCEMwW.esp
61 TemptressVixen.esp
62 3DNPC.esp
63 UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
64 UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp
65 UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp
66 BFFAnimalCompanions.esp
67 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp [Version 2.3.1]
68 WATER.esp
69 WATER Plants.esp
6A WATER DB Waves.esp
6B Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp
----> Delinquent MASTER: Akavari Katana Re_borne.esp
6C Another Sorting.esp
6D Another Sorting-LightWeight.esp
6E NordicSkaalHeavyFalmerWeightFix.esp
6F Akavari Katana Re_borne.esp
70 SkyrimConfigMenu.esp
71 vImmersiveBeds - HFDG.esp
72 Remodeled Armor - Dragonborn.esp
73 Remodeled Armor - Underwear.esp
74 The Ningheim.esp
75 The Ningheim - Followers.esp
76 Bards&Merchants.esp
77 Enhanced 3rd Person Camera V1.0.esp
78 KKSDGWeightSliderFix.esp
79 KKSDrBWeightFix.esp
7A KKFur.esp
7B CraftableSkoomaNoDLC.esp
7C SkoomDealersDen.esp
7D skoomadealer.esp
7E kuerteeSkillBasedDamageMultipliers MCM.esp
7F LearnAlchemyFromRecipes.esp
80 kuerteeSimpleMultipleFollowers.esp
81 AK- Clothe Dead NPCs.esp
82 AK- Mines and Mills.esp
83 DeadlyMutilation.esp
84 SunnieTracerArrows2_5.esp

NOTE: Pardon my english, it is not the best, since English isn't my native language, so my sincerest apologies for any grammatical and/or spelling errors :smile:
And thank you on forehand for helping me, I hope I haven't flooded with information here.

First problem here is that the Unofficial HiRes patch has been reported to cause inconsistent crashing. Something to do with the way the texture maps were exported, i'm not exactly too sure.

Secondly, Sky TEST has some serious problems with the papyrus issues, the lvlpredatorscript cause havok, not only in skytest, but even in the vailla game. If you can, remove it as soon as possible, with a load order that large and comprehensive, you're bound to run into crashes often.

Thirdly, Alternate Start is good, but it does have issues with any other mod that alters the "MQ01" quests, that is, the very firs quest. If you can figure out which one is causing the issue, you'll have to choose between them.

Finally, this is in relation to SkyTEST and Birds of Skyrim. Both of them add lots of new AI packages and creatures, often through scripts or the inclussion of the ingame vanilla scripts. (As with most scripts based mdos)

This means that they are inherently incompatible. I'd suggest removing Birds of Skyrim, but it's up to you.
IN short, trim it down, keep non scripted mods (weapon and armor) but don't go over board even with them. If you can, try and get it below 50, if not, try and get it really stable. You have heaps of scripted mods in there, and theres no one sure fix, theres no one mod causing the issue. Id say its death by a thousand cuts! Good luck!

~sd

First problem here is that the Unofficial HiRes patch has been reported to cause inconsistent crashing. Something to do with the way the texture maps were exported, i'm not exactly too sure.

Secondly, Sky TEST has some serious problems with the papyrus issues, the lvlpredatorscript cause havok, not only in skytest, but even in the vailla game. If you can, remove it as soon as possible, with a load order that large and comprehensive, you're bound to run into crashes often.

Thirdly, Alternate Start is good, but it does have issues with any other mod that alters the "MQ01" quests, that is, the very firs quest. If you can figure out which one is causing the issue, you'll have to choose between them.

Finally, this is in relation to SkyTEST and Birds of Skyrim. Both of them add lots of new AI packages and creatures, often through scripts or the inclussion of the ingame vanilla scripts. (As with most scripts based mdos)

This means that they are inherently incompatible. I'd suggest removing Birds of Skyrim, but it's up to you.

IN short, trim it down, keep non scripted mods (weapon and armor) but don't go over board even with them. If you can, try and get it below 50, if not, try and get it really stable. You have heaps of scripted mods in there, and theres no one sure fix, theres no one mod causing the issue. Id say its death by a thousand cuts! Good luck!

~sd

Thank you very much, after following you advice (uninstalled both birds of skyrim, skytest, and the unofficial HiRes pack) there's an AMAZING drop of CTD's, the only ones I've encountered are after first entering a few areas - and after re-loading that save, they work too.

So far - so good, thank you :)

Those mods with scripts are already stuck in your saves, uninstalling them wouldn't fix anything. In fact it could make things worse. From what I understand. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by thenobody0

ABT would help, its not really a script issue with that as much as of a resource, as for the hi-res patch, thats been buggy from the start, again non script related. SkyTEST is script related, but it exacebates a vanilla script, so it isn't the actual scripts of the mod, but the inflamation of a vanilla script (lvlpredatorscript.pex)

ABT would help, its not really a script issue with that as much as of a resource, as for the hi-res patch, thats been buggy from the start, again non script related. SkyTEST is script related, but it exacebates a vanilla script, so it isn't the actual scripts of the mod, but the inflamation of a vanilla script (lvlpredatorscript.pex)

Hey screendrop, I think I'm having some trouble with my lvlpredatorscript causing CTD.

[07/06/2013 - 04:37:27PM] ================================================[ Moonlight Tales ]===============================================
[07/06/2013 - 04:37:27PM] Compatibility check complete.
[07/06/2013 - 04:37:27PM] ================================================[ Moonlight Tales ]===============================================
[07/06/2013 - 04:37:27PM] ~~~~~ Footprints: Running Maintenance ~~~~~
[07/06/2013 - 04:37:27PM] ~~~~~ Footprints VC: SKSE Check Running ~~~~~
[07/06/2013 - 04:37:27PM] ~~~~~ Footprints VC: Checking if update is required. (Current Version: 0.990000) ~~~~~
[07/06/2013 - 04:37:27PM] ~~~~~ Footprints VC: Versions match. No Update Required! ~~~~~
[07/06/2013 - 04:37:27PM] ~~~~~ Footprints: Checking for DLC. Any error printed next is harmless. ~~~~~
[07/06/2013 - 04:37:27PM] ~~~~~ Footprints: Done checking for DLC ~~~~~
[07/06/2013 - 04:37:28PM] ~~~~~ Footprints: Switching to SKSE Footprints, SKSE Installed ~~~~~
[07/06/2013 - 04:37:28PM]
[07/06/2013 - 04:37:28PM] =====Wet and Cold is finished refreshing itself and searching for addons!=====
[07/06/2013 - 04:37:28PM]
[07/06/2013 - 04:37:44PM] Error: (000EC18E): cannot enable an object with an enable state parent.
stack:
[ (000EC18E)].lvlpredatorscript.Enable() - "<native>" Line ?
[ (000EC18E)].lvlpredatorscript.OnCellLoad() - "LvlPredatorScript.psc" Line 26
[07/06/2013 - 04:37:45PM] Error: (000EC186): cannot enable an object with an enable state parent.
stack:
[ (000EC186)].lvlpredatorscript.Enable() - "<native>" Line ?
[ (000EC186)].lvlpredatorscript.OnCellLoad() - "LvlPredatorScript.psc" Line 26
Can you make anything of this?

Those mods with scripts are already stuck in your saves, uninstalling them wouldn't fix anything. In fact it could make things worse. From what I understand. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I uninstalled the mod, deleted it, made a new save, waited 3 days.