Weird stuff with textures and LODs?

Shredy777

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r769/Shredy777/ScreenShot7_zpsbef6886e.jpg?t=1372708647

Can anybody tell me why I'm missing half of Whiterun and why there seems to be a whole cell missing in the LOD in the left of this screen?

I'm telling you guys, this game is making me crazy! lol...yeah maybe not that much lol

Any help would be forever appreciated!

Could you upload BOSS list, or alternately, your load order/plugins.txt files> Thatd help, also any texture/mesh overhauls you may be using

Heh. This looks like it was taken from my game. This precise topic was why I was logging on. Serendipitous.

When I walk around, things pop in. Particularly Whiterun, and the light brown mountains the author is referring to on the left of the screenie. I've tried increasing LOD distances with the Skyrim configurator application, I've tried modifying my .ini files and so on. When I do that, I get infinite loading screens. This is not a game breaker, but I've a crazy fast gaming rig that should be able to handle just about anything thrown at it. Water cooled twin GTX Titans and so on.

I've read that modifying the uGrids to load setting is a super bad idea, regardless of your hardware, so I'm reluctant to do that. Mine remains at the default 5.

Bottom line: Any help with the original posters question? How do we get near distant thing like Whiterun's Dragonreach to load when we are only just outside the city. I see pics posted all the time from much further away that show the entire city.

Any helpies are appreciated. I've Google'd this to death but not found anything that doesn't equal an infinite loading screen and Control+Alt+Delete fun.

Have you both played with mods that replace LOD texture (and/or meshes) files, or optimized the textures (and/or meshes) using some program? I cant see any other reason why this would happen.

You both have powerful systems, you dont need to optimize anything. Instead of taking 4K textures and optimizing them, just use 2K textures and dont optimize anything - looks much better too.

Maybe it has something to do with fade distance?

Im sure I did not install that mod.

I have not yet tried to remove the texture packs...

No as I hate configuring INI files....But that will be my first thing to do when I get back home

You can a 4core CPU and GTX680 right?

I can give you my ini's tonight which I can confirm do not have this issue. Makes it easy to test, so you dont have to tweak around for ENB, Lush Grass, Grass on Steriods, SFO, and so on.