Hovercar

darkus37

Hello, just wanted to ask if it were possible to create a drivable hovercar. I saw that someone made a motorcycle mod but while that's great if you're alone, if you have companions with you it sort of breaks the believability of the whole thing. I would have suggested a tank or something, but with the broken roads and debris, I figured something that would hover like a foot of the ground would make more sense. For references sake, the MAKO all terrain vehicle from mass effect where you can enter and exit but when using the vehicle only the MAKO is seen. There could even be a whole series of upgrades you could buy like better armor, engines, weapons, and cargo space. An example would be: Fuel Upgrade 1 - 10 microfusion cells for several days, Fuel Upgrade 2 - 5 microfusion cells for several days, Fuel Upgrade 3 - 1 microfusion cell for several days, Fuel Upgrade 4 - The Flux Capicator Thingamajig that requires no more fuel and runs on the laugher of children and the color of rainbows :) . There are so many garages and gas depots that I figure a slight treasure quest at these locations would locate the needed materials and a couple of mechanics scattered around the wasteland could give you the necessary plans to upgrade the vehicle or pay them to do it.

Hello, just wanted to ask if it were possible to create a drivable hovercar. I saw that someone made a motorcycle mod but while that's great if you're alone, if you have companions with you it sort of breaks the believability of the whole thing. I would have suggested a tank or something, but with the broken roads and debris, I figured something that would hover like a foot of the ground would make more sense. For references sake, the MAKO all terrain vehicle from mass effect where you can enter and exit but when using the vehicle only the MAKO is seen. There could even be a whole series of upgrades you could buy like better armor, engines, weapons, and cargo space. An example would be: Fuel Upgrade 1 - 10 microfusion cells for several days, Fuel Upgrade 2 - 5 microfusion cells for several days, Fuel Upgrade 3 - 1 microfusion cell for several days, Fuel Upgrade 4 - The Flux Capicator Thingamajig that requires no more fuel and runs on the laugher of children and the color of rainbows :) . There are so many garages and gas depots that I figure a slight treasure quest at these locations would locate the needed materials and a couple of mechanics scattered around the wasteland could give you the necessary plans to upgrade the vehicle or pay them to do it.

Hover car? why dont we start on regular cars than work our way up? lol

I thought about a "normal car" but the in-game cars aren't what exactly designed for this brave new world - their chassis is too low to the ground so it can't drive on broken roads, it has no protection because several shots and it goes BOOM, and after 200 years in the wasteland they are all broken down rust buckets. The way I figure it, there were enough secret projects that the invention of one of these wouldn't be too far fetched, especially in a 1950's-esque futuristic setting and alien crashes. This was the era where they thought by 2000 we would have semi-autonomous robots, moon bases, and other futuristic gobbledygook. Besides, this way, tires don't have to be animated. To further expand on the idea, this would require a new model, something like the Chimera Tank from Operation: Anchorage with a new bottom section (rotating drills don't exactly fit the new model) and a filled in middle part. Perhaps different skins for it, like a Raider Theme (fused metal plates with spikes sticking out everywhere) or an Enclave Theme (sleek, black, and bristling with weapons). For some ideas of what I'm talking about http://www.starcarcentral.com/tango.html is the type of vehicle I'm talking about. Although the back should be smoother IMHO.

I thought about a "normal car" but the in-game cars aren't what exactly designed for this brave new world - their chassis is too low to the ground so it can't drive on broken roads, it has no protection because several shots and it goes BOOM, and after 200 years in the wasteland they are all broken down rust buckets. The way I figure it, there were enough secret projects that the invention of one of these wouldn't be too far fetched, especially in a 1950's-esque futuristic setting and alien crashes. This was the era where they thought by 2000 we would have semi-autonomous robots, moon bases, and other futuristic gobbledygook. Besides, this way, tires don't have to be animated. To further expand on the idea, this would require a new model, something like the Chimera Tank from Operation: Anchorage with a new bottom section (rotating drills don't exactly fit the new model) and a filled in middle part. Perhaps different skins for it, like a Raider Theme (fused metal plates with spikes sticking out everywhere) or an Enclave Theme (sleek, black, and bristling with weapons). For some ideas of what I'm talking about http://www.starcarcentral.com/tango.html is the type of vehicle I'm talking about. Although the back should be smoother IMHO.

sounds like a good idea but I dont think its that simple enough for wastelanders to have. it would make sense for the enclave to have a beastly car like that. but even then perhaps cars might be out dated? I think what would be cool is kind of a Hover craft. like a giant disk one could fly on or no wair I GOT AN IDEA...enh ill post the idea on another thread. also you gotta think about Fallout 3 Tech. I beleive they said the technology of cars is different from our own. I beleive the cars are fusion powered?

I can see it now..

You're driving a tanker from desert A to fortified Town B. There is a gang of raiders on cobbled-together cars, trucks, and bikes.

Easy to do? Hell naw. Epic? Definately.

yeah I can see that being cool. but it would hard to manuever. espescially in DC. theres a lot of rocky or hilly terrain. so a Jeep type of car would be good or like I put up in another Mod Request for these veihcles called W.A.S.P.'s which are like hover crafts platforms that would get around the rough terrain. I think something crafted from random crap found around the wasteland would be cool too in order to make a vechile cause lets face it...these cars are at least over 200 years old and a lot of raiders have taken tires in order to make armor from them.

I can see it now..

You're driving a tanker from desert A to fortified Town B. There is a gang of raiders on cobbled-together cars, trucks, and bikes.

Easy to do? Hell naw. Epic? Definately.

yeah I can see that being cool. but it would hard to manuever. espescially in DC. theres a lot of rocky or hilly terrain. so a Jeep type of car would be good or like I put up in another Mod Request for these veihcles called W.A.S.P.'s which are like hover crafts platforms that would get around the rough terrain. I think something crafted from random crap found around the wasteland would be cool too in order to make a vechile cause lets face it...these cars are at least over 200 years old and a lot of raiders have taken tires in order to make armor from them.

You could just put it in its own vast worldspace. Wouldn't need to be detailed or anything. It would be 1 town, a few scrapped cars along the sides of a long dirt road, and nothing but sand and some rock inbetween.

Yeah! Or just make a movement route along a cracked dirt road, and make it to where if anything got run over that is smaller than the vehicle gets squished. Then anything equal to size of the vehicle wandering on the road; Brahmin, Radscorps, and Yao guai, make the vehicle crash.

After that, set up some wooden ramps on the road, and make a Deathclaw crossing sign, and it's awesome..

*drools*

Yeah! Or just make a movement route along a cracked dirt road, and make it to where if anything got run over that is smaller than the vehicle gets squished. Then anything equal to size of the vehicle wandering on the road; Brahmin, Radscorps, and Yao guai, make the vehicle crash.

After that, set up some wooden ramps on the road, and make a Deathclaw crossing sign, and it's awesome..

*drools*

Excellent ideas! Now all we need is a modder good enough to actually pull something like that off.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f368/clamsrcool/Random%20Myspace%20Pics/caplanet.jpg

THE POWER IS YOURS!

Archived