Ellie from The Last of Us as a follower?

glockshna

I don't know about any of you guys but I would LOVE to have Ellie from The Last of Us as a follower in Skyrim. How feasible is this seeing as The Last of Us is a Ps3 exclusive? The general combat dialogue probably wouldn't be too difficult to get but the model I imagine would be troublesome.

Any thoughts?

To be honest, its not reasonably feasible at all.

1. First off (and I don't get why this isn't more common sense), its copyright infringement and illegal, at least in my country the United States of America (among others as well).

2. Seeing as The Last of Us (which is a sweet game) is a PS3 exclusive, porting over stuff from one of its games also breaks their EULA.

You could however work on making a really cool follower that would have a lot of unique and custom dialogue that could even be voice acted to add to the immersion of the follower, however I would strongly advise against trying to port over a character from another game.

• 5 months later...

getting the voiced dialoge isn't hard at all just download all major scenes from youtube and extract the audio and convert it to a format skyrim would recognize. then for the model just use an already existing custom race as the base and build a character to look exactly like ellie. honestly it's not impossible it's not even that hard from what i can tell (not that i know how to make mods mine you) but if it's anything like any other follower/companion mod then it shouldn't be difficult at ALL by comparison. In fact theres on less step if you want a voiced follower because most voiced followers have voices of the people who made said mod or someone who cooperated in the making of the mod. In this case it's just ripping audio from an already existing source. the ONLY difficult part is making her outfit and her AI because she'd need to be the type that doesn't get involved in combat unless she sees you absolutely need the help and she rarely gets in close for combat unless she has no other choice.

getting the voiced dialoge isn't hard at all just download all major scenes from youtube and extract the audio and convert it to a format skyrim would recognize. then for the model just use an already existing custom race as the base and build a character to look exactly like ellie. honestly it's not impossible it's not even that hard from what i can tell (not that i know how to make mods mine you) but if it's anything like any other follower/companion mod then it shouldn't be difficult at ALL by comparison. In fact theres on less step if you want a voiced follower because most voiced followers have voices of the people who made said mod or someone who cooperated in the making of the mod. In this case it's just ripping audio from an already existing source. the ONLY difficult part is making her outfit and her AI because she'd need to be the type that doesn't get involved in combat unless she sees you absolutely need the help and she rarely gets in close for combat unless she has no other choice.

Nice thread necro.

Porting content from other games, whether it be models, audio, or whatever else is illegal and against the rules of the Nexus. Even taking sounds from a youtube video and putting it in is still porting. You can remake the whole follower with your own voice and own model, but porting is strictly against the rules, especially from a PS3 exclusive game.

Nice thread necro.

Porting content from other games, whether it be models, audio, or whatever else is illegal and against the rules of the Nexus. Even taking sounds from a youtube video and putting it in is still porting. You can remake the whole follower with your own voice and own model, but porting is strictly against the rules, especially from a PS3 exclusive game.

it isn't technically porting if you're ripping from youtube is it? it's not like you're taking physical content from one system and porting it to the PC if that were the case then any video on youtube containing last of us footage should be considered illegal regardless of what specific content is being shown if you ask me. but i guess if it had to be done someone would have to do the voice acting themselves instead :/

It's still illegal. You are taking content from ONE game and placing it in another, which has nothing to do with each other. It doesn't matter if you're pulling it from Youtube or the game itself, it's still illegal, nor if you're profiting fro it or not. The Nexus staff takes this very seriously and also ban mod author's and get their mods deleted for doing such things.

what about you ppl just ignore that post here that bascially just results in stupid modders getting their accounts banned? its not my job to teach you guys about copyright, if i were u i wouldnt touch it. nuff said.