Dawnguard Vampire mods that dont add tons of scripts?

ArtMurder

I have all DLC, and about 160 mods installed, and I recently realized my character contracted the vampirism disease, and I have no vampirism enhancement mods.

I have tried the main two MAJOR overhauls before, but I remember both of them being glitchy, script heavy, and with tons of extra weird features I either didn't like, or didn't care about at all.

I want something that has the "stages", where you get more powers and such as you feed more and more. Vanilla vampirism is the most retarded thing, feeding WEAKENS you.

I would actually like a 'hard core' vampire mod, where you go through blood withdrawals, and have no choice but to feed or die. Also,k adding the ability to feed on the recently dead, paralyzed, or those in combat would be awesome.

Mostly though, I want to keep the scripts to a minimum. NOTHING that fires every 15 seconds to check how many loaves of bread I have in my inventory or something stupid like that. And above all, it can NOT conflict with dawnguard.

Thank you! ^_^

Dude, you just described Belua Sanguinare Revisted perfectly. xD

I've been playing with BSR for a long time and it fast became a mod I cannot play without. Unfortunately it does have a lot of scripts however I do not notice them running at all. I'm redlining my Skyrim with the amount of mods I have and with the graphics settings pushing the limit on what my computer can handle, which is not much, and I notice absolutely zero performance drop with BSR. It really is the perfect must-have vampirism mod.

Dude, you just described Belua Sanguinare Revisted perfectly. xD

I've been playing with BSR for a long time and it fast became a mod I cannot play without. Unfortunately it does have a lot of scripts however I do not notice them running at all. I'm redlining my Skyrim with the amount of mods I have and with the graphics settings pushing the limit on what my computer can handle, which is not much, and I notice absolutely zero performance drop with BSR. It really is the perfect must-have vampirism mod.

I've tried it and Better Vampires, I really disliked Belua, it adds in tons of random and weird features I really don't understand or even like, and is probably the most script intense mod I've ever seen, firing off scripts every few seconds, regardless of what you are doing... in fact, most of the jokes I made about bad features and to many scripts where about that mod specifically. Really about the only thing I really like about that mod is that getting near shrines damages you, I think that is very interesting and relevant. It also doesn't add in very many 'special' spells that really feel fun to use.

Thanks for the suggestion, and I get why you like it, but it's just really silly and scripy heavy for my taste. I want something gritty and unrelenting, that makes me question if being a vampire is really worth it, despite giving me crazy powers. Belua was fun and interesting, but probably as far from realistic and gritty as it could be. ;[

Good scripts are not bad, bad scripts are bad.

If you would realise how many scripts the game runs every millisecond you wouldnt mind a few scripts every second.

There's nothing wrong with well scripted mods. Just know that when you installed and used scripted mods you need some precausions when you wanna uninstall the mod. Check the mod page for uninstall procedure, see how "safe" it is. SKSE also helps with dealing with orphaned scripts in your save game by using ClearInvalidRegistrations=1 inside of SKSE.ini

Anyway to your point "Vampire mods that dont add a ton of scripts"

If you wanna change the default game behavior (as you want) you cannot get around not using scripts. So what you want does not exist.

Check out Vampiric Thirst. The only vampire mod you'll ever need.

Never heard of it before, but I checked the mod and the video for it and it looks like exactly what I'm looking for! I do hope it has some cool powers though, nothing I have seen so far is very descriptive on that...

If you would realise how many scripts the game runs every millisecond you wouldnt mind a few scripts every second.

There's nothing wrong with well scripted mods. Just know that when you installed and used scripted mods you need some precausions when you wanna uninstall the mod. Check the mod page for uninstall procedure, see how "safe" it is. SKSE also helps with dealing with orphaned scripts in your save game by using ClearInvalidRegistrations=1 inside of SKSE.ini

If you wanna change the default game behavior (as you want) you cannot get around not using scripts. So what you want does not exist.

I never said ANYTHING about bad scripts or no scripts, just to keep scripts to a minimum. I've used the main two, belua and better vampires, the later seemed to work fine, but when I used the former it gave me really bad 'script lag'. I run many mods with many scripts, and I don't want to add in one with TONS of extra scripts that just aren't necessary. I'm not asking for a vampire mod with NO scripts, that would just be stupid, I am looking for one that doesn't have 500 more scripts then is necessary. It's pretty foolish to try and shrug off this request for the reasons you are giving me, ALL mods have different numbers of scripts, Iv'e seen vampire mods that only run a dozen or so, and some that run well into the hundreds. If I want a mod that only adds 50 scripts instead of 500, then that is a very logical request.

Also, I generally never uninstall mods, I back up my files when I install it, and if I don't like it, I return to the previous version. Uninstalling mods is what kills save files, and I've learned to never install a mod unless I plan on using it for good. ^_^

I never said ANYTHING about bad scripts or no scripts, just to keep scripts to a minimum. I've used the main two, belua and better vampires, the later seemed to work fine, but when I used the former it gave me really bad 'script lag'. I run many mods with many scripts, and I don't want to add in one with TONS of extra scripts that just aren't necessary. I'm not asking for a vampire mod with NO scripts, that would just be stupid, I am looking for one that doesn't have 500 more scripts then is necessary. It's pretty foolish to try and shrug off this request for the reasons you are giving me, ALL mods have different numbers of scripts, Iv'e seen vampire mods that only run a dozen or so, and some that run well into the hundreds. If I want a mod that only adds 50 scripts instead of 500, then that is a very logical request.

Also, I generally never uninstall mods, I back up my files when I install it, and if I don't like it, I return to the previous version. Uninstalling mods is what kills save files, and I've learned to never install a mod unless I plan on using it for good. ^_^

hey I didnt want to offend you ;)

Anyway, yes, scripts should be minimized... as for script lag, this can be resolved using the papyrus settings inside of skyrim.ini ... giving your scripts more time to compile properly so they dont run out of sync (also taken into account bethesda's messing around with 1.9 update of skyrim causing script lag which cannot be prevented). It's a bit of tweaking and messing about, but it'll work... would be better if this whole papyrus engine was a bit more dynamic and able to change its processing time based on the requirements instead of some fixed values (at least it appears to work that way now). I could give you my papyrus settings if you like, that resolved some lag issues for me... not sure if they would resolve issues for you as I guess that depends on what kind of scripts (and how many) you are using. I did put in some headroom tho.... can't post them now, since I'm not at home :S They are nothing extreme as you see often floating around (ridiculous things you see like allocating >1GB to the papyrus...lol!), just some minor tweaks.

hey I didnt want to offend you :wink:

Anyway, yes, scripts should be minimized... as for script lag, this can be resolved using the papyrus settings inside of skyrim.ini ... giving your scripts more time to compile properly so they dont run out of sync (also taken into account bethesda's messing around with 1.9 update of skyrim causing script lag which cannot be prevented). It's a bit of tweaking and messing about, but it'll work... would be better if this whole papyrus engine was a bit more dynamic and able to change its processing time based on the requirements instead of some fixed values (at least it appears to work that way now). I could give you my papyrus settings if you like, that resolved some lag issues for me... not sure if they would resolve issues for you as I guess that depends on what kind of scripts (and how many) you are using. I did put in some headroom tho.... can't post them now, since I'm not at home :S They are nothing extreme as you see often floating around (ridiculous things you see like allocating >1GB to the papyrus...lol!), just some minor tweaks.

I'm overly defense by nature, don't take it personally or anything. XD

And I'll look into that, and I certianly wouldn't mind any pointers! I get more script lag then regular lag, and I do have plenty of spare ram. I have been tweaking the hell out of my ini for ages, so I know my way around it pretty well, but I still don't really know much of anything about scripts. x_x

On a side note, I think I am going with the Vampiric thirst mod, seems to be not very script heavy, and very realistic. Though, not being able to turn into mist, and not being able to turn NPCs into vampires and enslave them will be a real bummer, but both of those are tin bit overpowered.