Skyrim and Widows11

varkonasnorse

For all you genius brains out there (I am not one of them), I'm curious as to whether or not anyone has considered potential issues with running Skyrim in Windows11. I have read some articles online that suggest Windows11 isn't going to be all that friendly for older technology games like Skyrim, Fallout, and the like, especially in the graphics department. Windows11 is leaning towards broader use of virtual capabilities that could interfere with current RPG engines and cause lots of issues performance wise. Just when I started getting used to Windows10, bang, Windows11. Go figure. :sick:

We are just going to have to wait and see. Although if your hardware cannot support Windows 11 you will not have to worry about it.

I am more concerned with how long Microsoft will continue to support Windows 10 after Windows 11 is released; supposedly sometime near the end of the year.

Actually when it comes to the CPU I was thinking of what generation will support Win. 11. For instance you cannot install Win. 7 on a system with, I believe, a 7th generation CPU or higher. I am fairly confident that there will be a cutoff for Win. 11 also which the System requirements does not mention.

Of course I am not a computer tech so I could have this entirely wrong. Just that the last computer I purchased had a i9 9900k cpu and I could not install Win. 7 on it, which I much prefer for playing Bethesda games.