Medieval Scenes (WIP)

SkoomaBoy

You'll need to utilize copius numbers of occlusion boxes to make that style o' architecture playable.

Good work by the way.

SkoomaBoy, I think he is referring to the performance hit. You can see a good example of how to use occlusion boxes for large or graphics-intensive places in the Riften Black-Briar Meadery. They control what renders in a single cell based on where a player is standing rather than the default rule of "always render everything." There's also a page about it on the Creation Kit wiki, under Optimization. I think it was mostly necessary just for the consoles, but now with some mods pushing the limits, you might want to consider trying it out even for PC users.

Great work, BTW.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll need to utilize copius numbers of occlusion boxes to make that style o' architecture playable.

Good work by the way.

SkoomaBoy, I think he is referring to the performance hit. You can see a good example of how to use occlusion boxes for large or graphics-intensive places in the Riften Black-Briar Meadery. They control what renders in a single cell based on where a player is standing rather than the default rule of "always render everything." There's also a page about it on the Creation Kit wiki, under Optimization. I think it was mostly necessary just for the consoles, but now with some mods pushing the limits, you might want to consider trying it out even for PC users.

Great work, BTW.

Thanks for pointing that out, i'll take a look into these and other optimization matters.

I'm keeping on with the ressource building alongside, here's a project I had on my mind for quite a long time: Modelling Carcassonne. I'm giving it a try.

http://nsa34.casimages.com/img/2013/07/06/130706025624656578.jpg

Edited by SkoomaBoy

héhé en même temps c'était pas très difficile a deviner :P
Je suis aussi francais mais j'habite plus au nord (proche de Valence, dans la dôme).

J'ai déjà visiter Carcassonne quand j'étais en vacance, c'est vraiment très beau ! Je te souhaite bon courage pour ton projet, je fais moi même un peu de 3D (j'ai d'ailleur appris pour Skyrim) donc si t'as besoin d'un coup de main, fais moi signe car ca me plairait bien de participer ! :smile:

Edited by tonywallas

Je suis aussi francais mais j'habite plus au nord (proche de Valence, dans la dôme).

J'ai déjà visiter Carcassonne quand j'étais en vacance, c'est vraiment très beau ! Je te souhaite bon courage pour ton projet, je fais moi même un peu de 3D (j'ai d'ailleur appris pour Skyrim) donc si t'as besoin d'un coup de main, fais moi signe car ca me plairait bien de participer ! :smile:

Merci à toi, content de voir des compatriotes sur le Nexus! Je te ferais signe à l'occasion dans l'avancement du projet, qui viserait peut être une mini-reconstitution de la croisade des Albigeois au XIIIème siècle.

Sorry for the small french talk, guys!

Just want to say amazing work! May I ask which games you ported some of your models from?

My thanks! Well there's a M&B Warband's keep, a piece of wall from Chivalry and the rest of the ported assets are from The Witcher II, which assets are free to use by anyone.

Edited by SkoomaBoy

Merci à toi, content de voir des compatriotes sur le Nexus! Je te ferais signe à l'occasion dans l'avancement du projet, qui viserait peut être une mini-reconstitution de la croisade des Albigeois au XIIIème siècle.

Sorry for the small french talk, guys!

Just want to say amazing work! May I ask which games you ported some of your models from?

My thanks! Well there's a M&B Warband's keep, a piece of wall from Chivalry and the rest of the ported assets are from The Witcher II, which assets are free to use by anyone.

Is it too much to ask how you port models into skyrim? I would love to try it myself. I have a basic understanding of Nifskope, 3ds max etc. How do you change the file types into .nif?

Thanks!