Must have mods

BuzzMo

Hi everyone, now that i got a few time i've reinstalled the good ol' skyrim. I was here asking you a list of the best mods for this game (first time i will install mod on this one).

Specially for what regards graphics improvement and similar. For what concern quest and more additional game contents, i think it's quite early because i planned to restart the adventure from the beginning.

Maybe some link to shows how to install will be very apreciated ^^.

Thankyou for the attention and sorry for my bad english

gl hf

BuzzMo

Ok, thank you for the answers, very useful. The last thing i have to ask you is if there is a mod manager (like Fallout: new vegas) to install the mod. If yes, can you please link me.

Thank you for the help

BuzzMo

Artmurder has a great list. I would also add:

Deadly Dragons

iHUD

Immersive Armors

Pure Waters

Jaysus Swords

Automatic Variants

Obviously this is personal preference, but are must have for me.

I reccomend the following mods:

Gameplay & Immersion: Enhanced Enemy AI, I Yield I Yield, Frostfall, Skyrim Heart Rate, Deadly Combat, Run For Your Lives, Wet and Cold, Dovahkiin Relaxes Too, Height Adjusted Races, Destructible Bottles Extended, Populated Cities, Immersive Bounty Hunting, Footprints, Immersive Beds, Ultimate Follower Overhaul

Visuals & Audio: Pure waters, Real Ice, Better Dynamic Snow, Better males, CBBE, Eyes of Beauty, Superior Lore-Friendly Hair, Lush Trees and Grass, Bigger Trees, Skyrim Flora Overhaul, Project ENB, Climates of Tamriel, Enhanced Distant Terrain, High Quality LODs, Distant Detail, Ultimate HD Fire Effects, Realistic Smoke and Embers, Sound Propagation Overhaul, Intricate Spider Webs, Visible Windows

Animation: Run Sprint and Jump, The Dance of Death

I use these and I am pretty happy. They make the game look wonderful, improve gameplay mechanics and your overall experience. :)

Personally, I would suggest mod as you go. Click on files. That will give you a list of all mods sorted by most endorsed by default. Take some time and go through like the first ten pages. I find it helps to open mods that appeal to me in a separate tab for further examination. The list is a bit sluggish, backing out can lose position/options and loading mod pages can take awhile. So once you get several tabs open you can start looking through them. One thing to particularly notice is what category that mod is in. That's a good way to get familiar with what those categories generally represent. It chosen by mod authors so there's some inconsistency, but it gives you a general idea where people put stuff. Like most followers are under Companions - Other, not Followers. With close to 30k mods it's hard to categorize stuff.

I wouldn't suggest going mod crazy. I do that and it's fraught with problems, i.e. CTD's and lockups. If you don't want to spend 8 hours figuring out what went wrong then don't do that. Instead go through like the first ten pages of most endorsed and get familiar with what is there, what appeals to you. As you come to places you would actually see the mod in action add it. Like there's several options for spider webs. During Unbound you come to a room with spiders. There's a good place to try out the various webs mods and see which appeals to you most. You come to a cavern with a stream, a good place to try water mods. You can pull up the options menu while you're riding into town so a good place to compare the vanilla to SkyUI. Eventually you get to the character creation screen so a good place to try out RaceMenu and similar mods for appearance. There's an autosave right before it comes up in game.

Pretty much, if you think it then it's likely there. Well, ok, not really, but pretty close. You can change about anything. You generally have several options for doing so. Often several options for an option. Many of the popular armours/clothing have several choices for installation, but then there's other mods that are retextures. You can get lost down the rabbit hole and there's a mod for that too. So better starting out not to get too far into someday over the rainbow you'll actually see this mod in action. Start out with things you can actually see in action now.