Skipping death animations (straight to ragdoll)

McGeezo

I'm not even on pc yet, let alone mods, so I was wondering if there's an easy way to skip scripted death animations in various games so it goes straight to the physics. I was hoping there was some animation length I could set to zero in the ini files but that probably sounds naive.

I just cannot comprehend why devs continue to slap canned repetitive animations over the physics that are already there, making so many modern games just look tacky af every time you kill something, especially when they're on anything other than flat ground.

I'm thinking Borderlands with Fallout style deaths all over the screen, Wolfenstein with F.E.A.R style deaths, CoD with CSGO etc. Just makes kills infinitely more satisfying and would definitely take those games to a new level. I don't know why most people think it's nitpicking

Edited by McGeezo

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on which game, and if they are 'kill scenes' for NPC's, or for the player.

Well what sort of phrases should I be looking for in the files? Completely clueless here

Which game??

Well I mean are there general, universal phrases that might help for various games, but I'll give you the main ones that come to mind (whole franchises): Borderlands, Wolfenstein, Doom, Halo, Titanfall, Far Cry, Bioshock