Bloodcursed and Sunhallowed Arrows: Toggle Sun On/Off

luxybug

TL;DR:

The Prophecy Fulfilled

Feature 1: Toggle Sun On/Off

• Add effect to Bloodcursed Arrows: When you shoot one at the sun with Auriel's bow, the sun becomes permanently blotted out... both the visual effect and the mechanical effect (vampires aren't harmed by it) are in place forever.
  • Add effect to Sunhallowed Arrows: When you shoot one at the sun with Auriel's bow (provided the sun has been permanently blocked out as described above) the curse is lifted, and the following day (or immediately, whatever's easier) the sun rises as normal.
  1. Add an option to increase/decrease the amount of vampire attacks that randomly happen due to the sun being blotted out.
  2. Maybe add some non-aggressive vampires who come out to enjoy the outdoors under the curse? Perhaps merchants?
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I could as well. I think the visual effect itself is awesome, let alone what it does is great. If it's too "OP".. then don't download it, but I still think it should totally be made. I don't mod, or know anything about it, but I would THINK it would be easy? Just mess with the timers or something of the vanilla effect?

The idea is great, and many have wanted it, the issue is how the developers made the night/day cycle, now if I remember correctly the sun effect is on a timer so extending the timer to a full day could probably work. However if I'm remembering correctly once the sun goes down all daytime effects reset. So basically its either activate it everyday, or maybe you can completely remove the normal day cycle altogether and replace it with the dark sun effect cycle, this would however not allow a normal sun to ever appear. Hopefully someone can figure out a way to make this happen, would love it for sure :)

• 5 weeks later...

I dont get why it wasnt like this in the game anyway. I mean, I fulfilled the prophecy, right? Whats the difference between me using Auriels bow with bloodcursed arrows than Harkon using it? Serana says she has to stop him from blotting out the sun but then willingly hands out her blood to me so I can do that very thing! I just don't get it.