Weird lighting at 1080p on 4K monitor.

Deleted8058771User

I have a weird lighting issue when running Skyrim fullscreen at 1080p on a 4K monitor. I'm hoping someone knows how to fix it, but I'm not sure it's possible...

I first noticed it because I run ELFX hardcore and in locations that are supposed to be pitch black, the walls/floor/ceiling give off some weird grayish reflection
I added a screenshot below, but I had to simulate the effect because it doesn't appear on screenshots normally... It's basically like everything is a tad brighter, which is barely noticeable in an illuminated environment but looks horrible in a pitch black environment.

- It's not a mod issue, because I tested it on a clean vanilla Skyrim. It's just much harder to detect because everything is so bright in vanilla.
- The issue does not occur when running in windowed mode.
- The issue does not occur on higher resolutions, neither on native 4K nor on 1440p.

At the moment I found two solutions:

- Either run the game at 1440p or higher, but since I run a few heavy mods I'd prefer to stick to 1080p for performance reasons.

- Or reduce the brightness in-game. This fixes it and is the easiest solution obviously, but I occasionally I do like to switch to a higher resolution and it means having to switch the brightness back every time.

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by Guest